One adult, two children rides?

Veggie

A dream is a wish your heart makes...
I'll be in Epcot and Magic Kingdom with just my two children (ages eight and six.) We will not be riding any rides that my six year old is not tall enough to ride since she is only 42 inches. Are there any rides that we will not be able to do as a family of three? I assume if it is a two seater ride my 8 year old will have to ride by herself in front of us? Are most rides ok with three people across?

Most of the rides that all 3 of you can get on should be ok. A lot of the older rides is more of a lap bar and they may allow 3 of you together, I never asked or needed to. I'd be interested in knowing if disney has some contingency for this situation and a way for a CM to help a younger rider for a single parent situation where they have to skip the line. Have you tried calling guest relations at any of the parks to see what they have to offer you? If nothing else, it'll get the 2 child single parent not all can ride on their radar.

I'll be in Epcot and Magic Kingdom with just my two children (ages eight and six.) We will not be riding any rides that my six year old is not tall enough to ride since she is only 42 inches. Are there any rides that we will not be able to do as a family of three? I assume if it is a two seater ride my 8 year old will have to ride by herself in front of us? Are most rides ok with three people across?

I have two girls five years apart (now they are 9 and 14). We have pretty much always been able to ride in the same car at least. I've made many trips single with them and don't even give it much thought. Maybe on Buzz or TSMM my older girl would have a single rider next to her. There are a lot of three across rides.

Thank you everyone! Both my girls are tiny so hopefully we can fit three across.

Good info! Also remember there is a rider swap thing if ya'll decide to ride something she is not tell enough for they will let you swap where one of you stays with her while the other rides. Just a thought. :)

tall* lol cant type :P I am the youngest of 3 so when I was a kid I often had to wait while my big brother rode rides I was not big enough for no big deal. :)

Good info! Also remember there is a rider swap thing if ya'll decide to ride something she is not tell enough for they will let you swap where one of you stays with her while the other rides. Just a thought. :)

I'm not sure how that would work with just one adult and two children (ages 8 and 6.)

I'm taking my girls alone for the first time this spring break. They are 7 & 5. I'm glad I found this thread and am hoping for more ride info for parks, like AK? I can't do rider swap bc I won't leave my 5 yr old alone. Hopefully my 7 year old will be fine riding in a different car?

If you don't fit, but you will on many, 7 and older can ride in another car so your oldest is old enough.

On a few rides they will put a stranger next to her like 7DMT and I think TSMM is doing it now as well.

I usually split on the ones that don't do 3 across - either I put the two kids together or I take one and put the other in front of us (my younger is the braver, so she doesn't mind riding alone or with a single rider). They are a little older now (and we do single rider whenever possible to cut wait times), but they were 6 and 8 on the first trip and it worked out just fine. I could see the child in front of us and she knew I was right behind her.

I've done quite a few trips with my two youngest by myself when we were visiting relatives in FL.
Some rides that easily fit 3 across (even though they don't appear to): Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Nemo, Little Mermaid ride

A few that CAN fit 3, but it depends on the size of the people involved: Astro Orbiter, Dumbo, Speedway. Your 8 year old is old enough to ride Dumbo and Astro Orbiter in her own vehicle if she wants. Speedway has a height requirement to drive alone.

Ones that you can not fit 3 across: Barnstormer (many reports that they don't allow it) and the Mine Train. Your 8 year old can sit right in front of or behind you if they are comfortable with this.

Here's a curveball - what about an 8.5, almost 7 and 5 year old with 1 parent? Will they be lenient in letting my almost 7 year old ride with his 8.5 year old brother with me and the 5 year old in the car behind them? Anything we can ride 3 across, I'm game for, but I have wide hips, so some may be tight. I also don't want my 8 year old alone all the time, he is very attached to me and a clingy personality versus the almost 7 who is extremely independent (and special needs, but won't go into all that here - he's SPD and an Aspie)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter