One and done?

1. Cape May dinner - simply not good. There wasn't a single non-crab leg item that was better than fast food quality and the crab legs were small and cold. And if you don't like seafood (like our oldest son) there's nothing for you on the buffet that's particularly appetizing, plus the seafood smell is overwhelming. Oh, and the atmosphere/decor sucks. Definitely won't go back. If the price was around $10 a person it might be reasonable. One of the most disappointing experiences at any restaurant at any location ever. I'm flummoxed by any decent review of this place.

2. Crystal Palace breakfast - food that is just a notch below IHOP with poor character interaction. No thanks.

Those are the only two TS places that are an absolute one and done for me. Wasn't thrilled with Rose & Crown, but would give it another shot. And San Angel Inn wasn't great, and I probably wouldn't rush back, but it isn't on the "never again" list.

You can get the bread pudding without the meat feast and the crazy race for ADRs. Just pop over to Tambu Lounge instead of Ohana. :)

But I'd much rather just have the pulled pork nachos and bread pudding (and an adult beverage or two) at Tambu.

Good to know about the bread pudding. I assume that the pulled pork nachos are the same as the ones you can get at Captain Cook's. If they are...OMG!! Those are one of the best things I have ever eaten. Like seriously lick your plate clean good!!

Quite a few actually ....
Coral reef - worst service I've ever encountered. Food was nice but not enough to tempt me back.
San Angel Inn - slow, slow, slow, tables too close together and so dark I couldn't read the menu.
Ohana - nice to have gone, food was nice enough, had a lapu lapu but very much feel one and done.
Chef mickeys - it's fine and no more but a whole lot of dollars.

Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner. Definitely the worst ever dining experience. We waited 40 min. Minimum past reservation, salad was soggy and wet like it had been sitting in dressing all day. Rock hard rolls, and then we waited another 45 minutes for the main course. the main course tasted like reheated TV dinner. It was the only food Ive had at Disney that I would ever call disgusting. But it was! Nasty start to finish.

Be Our Guest lunch. We were *so* happy when we snagged a reservation, but it turned out to be "meh." Food was just okay, atmosphere was nice but not as overwhelming as we thought it was going to be, and it was loud. We also didn't expect to be seated with strangers, so that added an element of discomfort along with everything else. One-and-done.

50's Prime Time in Hollywood for me. It's a family favorite, however after going back recently for the first time in years, I was overall unimpressed with the food and how it correlated to the price, the atmosphere (as it personally isn't my thing), and I felt as though the entirely of the restaurant was a bit on the dirty side. It's a good experience for everyone to try at least once because the theme is unique, however that is most certainly enough.

Liberty Tree Tavern (Dinner) - Stoufers Mac & Cheese and Stove Top stuffing was not worth the price of the meal.
Be Our Guest (Lunch) - food was cold and I got 7 fries on my plate (it wasn't hard to count them). I would say the french fry thing was a coincidence, but we had 8 people in our party and no one got more than a few fries on their plate.
Spirit of Aloha show - Food was subpar. Show was cute, but nothing I would run back to see again.

For all those Ohana haters, get yourself along to Tambu Lounge for the delicious Ohana bread pudding. Ohana's is not for us but we've always wanted to try the bread pudding, so we went along to the lounge last year, you just sit at the bar without a wait, order a drink and a dessert and within 5 minutes we had both. We scoffed the lot and walked off, all done in 15 minutes (if you so choose).

Yachtsman Steakhouse--Worst steaks ever! Full of gristles and cooked horribly. We might be willing to try it again, but we didn't care for the atmosphere either. We will stick to the nearby Shula's for an awesome steak.

Tutto Italia--Tasted like Chey Boyardee. We will stick to Via Napoli from now on.

Too many to list. Thankfully there are places we haven't tried yet. We keep seeking out good restaurants.

The older I get the less tolerance I have for mediocre food & service, especially when you pay a lot for the meal.

Nine Dragons - The restaurant was pretty, the service was fine, and the food was OK, but we can get much better Chinese at our local place for a much better price. Was glad to try it just for the experience, but won't go back again.

We usually try a place at least twice, but a few places we don't want to go back...

Sci-Fi: We've been considering it, but we're not that super duper interested (one of the few places we HAVE only been once!!)
Tony's: Actually we've only been here once too! Just underwhelming. Lots of better choices.
Cosmic Ray's: Never. Again. The smell from the topics bar or whatever is awful.
Peco's Bills: We've been more than once, but after our last visit, probably never again.
Electric Umbrella: Yuck.
Restaurant Marrakesh: We LOVE Moroccan food, but this was dry and bland and terrible
Fife & Drum: I think you might be seeing a theme of crappy counter service places??
Coral Reef: we were underwhelmed, and the service is SO SLOW. Empires rose and fell while we waited.
ESPN: This should be good. How hard is it to mess up burgers and hotdogs?? But nah. And it's Loud.

Places we aren't rushing back to: 'Ohana. We actually had an ADR for this trip, but we changed it out for Boma. Artist Point: we like it, but don't love it, and our favorite menu item (the portobello soup) is available at the lounge.

Only 2:

Trail's End - because it's such a pain to get there. We decided to do breakfast on our check out day and I didn't realize you could not park at the restaurant, or anywhere near it. Waiting on a bus coming and going was so frustrating and time consuming. The food was standard breakfast fare - nothing worth all that hassle.

1900 Park Fare for dinner - we were so excited to meet the stepsisters and then... found they didn't always appear :/ I was really disappointed and am not sure I'll risk the $$ on it again. They were the only reason why we booked that dinner.

BOG - we just went to see it. Food was fair, but the place was just massive - like a train station.

LeCellier - 4 meals, 2 were lovely, 2 were inedible. Price was ridiculous for what we got.

Rosie's cafe - not sure what we ate here, but it really didn't feel like a burger!

So far for us there is only a couple and they are Chef Mickeys and Whisper Canyon for dinner (breakfast was great).

So far for us there is only a couple and they are Chef Mickeys and Whisper Canyon for dinner (breakfast was great).

Oh, that stinks. We are trying Whispering Canyon for dinner. What did you not like about it?

For us it's Biergarten. We were not impressed AT ALL by this place. I read good things, but I didn't think any of the food was very good. Our dinner at Nine Dragons was so much better and that place gets worse ratings than Biergarten (I can't understand why).

Oh, that stinks. We are trying Whispering Canyon for dinner. What did you not like about it?

For us it's Biergarten. We were not impressed AT ALL by this place. I read good things, but I didn't think any of the food was very good. Our dinner at Nine Dragons was so much better and that place gets worse ratings than Biergarten (I can't understand why).

Honestly I ordered from the regular menu and my dinner was great and we loved the antics that they do but the ones in my party that got the platter and the milkshakes said they where all terrible. The meat was very fatty and they barely at any of it.

For all those Ohana haters, get yourself along to Tambu Lounge for the delicious Ohana bread pudding. Ohana's is not for us but we've always wanted to try the bread pudding, so we went along to the lounge last year, you just sit at the bar without a wait, order a drink and a dessert and within 5 minutes we had both. We scoffed the lot and walked off, all done in 15 minutes (if you so choose).

Love this. 'Ohana dinner would be my "one and done"- we were very underwhelmed by the food and the wait was ridiculous. Fatty meat, salad seemed like it was from a bag, cold bread, frozen veggies, etc. But I really loved the bread pudding- I'm going to do this on our next trip!

Honestly I ordered from the regular menu and my dinner was great and we loved the antics that they do but the ones in my party that got the platter and the milkshakes said they where all terrible. The meat was very fatty and they barely at any of it.

Well that's interesting. I was thinking about trying the skillet so I might rethink my order now.

Ohana for both dinner and breakfast. Dinner food was just okay. If I stay at Poly in the future i'd consider getting the in room feast to retry as the next day after I tried dinner I had a cold so benefit of the doubt on the food. Service was rushed but yet stark at the same time (couldn't get drink refills etc)

Breakfast - food was fine but not impressed with the overall experience. I went last month to try breakfast. I thought the character rotation was just odd as they kept switching rooms so you couldn't judge how long your wait was going to be based on where they were. Had they kept the same room they would have come around in a tolerable amount of time. With the switching I left without meeting them as it was looking more like an over 2 hour experience when I was done with the food at 1 hour. If I'm with someone who wants to go I will otherwise I won't be back as other places have the same food with better experience. Line for Stitch had actually gone fast even when it looked horrendous. I did have a mishap with them as I was a solo diner and they had assumed the family behind me was with me for some reason as the girl directing folks to place bags on the table didn't ask how many in my party. I went to put my bag down and here comes the family behind me (different race so wasn't like we looked alike) to meet Stitch too. Um no. The girl tried to get them back after realizing her mistake but just did not put me at ease for going in. All other handlers have done well and seem to always ask how many so took aback this one hadn't and assumed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter