One and done?

Hollywood Brown Derby-service slow, food salty, maybe was an off day, but little desire to return.

The Plaza-nothing bad, but nothing memorable either, not in a hurry fo return.

For lunch their burger was one of the best of all time! Love the original Cobb Salad!

CRT, hands down. I went solo with 2 little boys and it took FOREVER. Food was not good either. Swords are a nice touch but after the meal might have made the whole thing a little better.

Kona Cafe. Horrid service won't be back
Liberty Tree. I Can heat up my own frozen dinners
Tony's in MK. I can open my own canned pasta.
CRT. Saw the princesses, don't have to do it again

And my hall of fame winner. Le Cellier. I let them rip me off Twice thinking the first time was a fluke. Nope it's really the biggest dining rip off ever

For me it would be Sanaa. It's been about five years since I've been there so I can't remember what I had, but I remember not caring for it (and I love African/Indian food). The view may be a draw, but we were already staying there so it wasn't a change in scenery.

I also don't care to return to Mickey's Backyard BBQ. The food was cheap picnic food and I didn't care for the entertainment other than seeing Mickey and friends.

Chef Mickeys was not a one and done, but it is a never again. I used to really enjoy it over a decade ago, but we went a couple times in 2012 and 2015, and both times the food and service were horrible. I would much prefer to have the great character interactions at Tusker House and Hollywood and Vine (we actually like the food at H&V).

Technically not one-and-done because we ate there twice, but Be Our Guest. Went first for dinner (on our anniversary) and found the food to be middling, while the service was poor. Decided that perhaps it just wasn't a great table service place, and went back for lunch. Again, food middling (for theme park quick-service options) and service was poor.

Pretty. I'll give it that. But not worth the hassle of getting into the place.

50's PT. We were all underwhelmed by the food, atmosphere and just everything. Maybe we were all tired or whatever that day. Maybe it's because we live in the South and can get wonderful "comfort food" right down the road. I *might* give it another go one day, but I wouldn't be upset if I never went back.

Tony's Town Square. We wanted to try something different from our normal. It was our first full day there. My family at the time was Me, DW, DS15, DS10, DS3, DD2mo. When we got there, DS3 was passed out. We were sat and when the waitress came over one of the first things she brought up was due to our party size the gratuity would be automatically included. Now, I understand that yes, with large parties that's something that needs to happen. I've worked food service, I get it. But, when you come to a table, and see one child passed out on the bench, and the other is a tiny infant, I'd like to think maybe you could skip that part of the spiel and let the people tip accordingly. When I questioned her on it, she said "I'm sure you're a great tipper". Yeah, I am. Normally. This, however, wasn't a normal situation and I was angry about it all. She offered to have her manager come over and explain it to me, but I told her to not worry about it. I was ready to leave right then, but figured we were there and might as well eat.

Ohana dinner - the food was eh and it was an overall let down.
Tony's Town Square - I have so many feelings for this place
Hollywood and Vine - The food was bad and so was the service
Artist Point - Food was mediocre at best and the service was very bad for the price paid.

I don't know that I wouldn't try any Disney restaurant again because it could be just an off day, but I would have to say the most underwhelmed I've been would have to be at Artist Point. Entree was bland, and I mean absolutely no salt or flavor, and the only palatable item was the cobbler. Price point is part of my thinking. Besides that, the restaurant was practically empty and they seated us in the worst table available. Of course, if the food was great, I could forgive that. If I gave it another shot, it would be because I'm staying there but of course I would never go out of my way to eat there again. Since I'm trying to do a lot of restaurants I've never tried this trip, I am giving Tony's Town Square a shot but sticking with pizza so we'll see.

Last edited:
The GF has an afternoon tea; I forget what they call it...which says a lot.
O'hana dinner might be another. But I had a bad cold at the time so that might have something to do with it.
Grand Floridan Cafe for breakfast. meh. Rather go to Cracker Barrel.

San Angel Inn. I'd always wanted to eat and watch the boats go by, but when we were there the service was atrocious. We'd booked the Candlelight Processional package and it was an off hour (I think 3pm) for the 6:15 show. The restaurant was only half full, but service was incredibly slow. With the package we got three courses, it took so long for them to take our order that we ordered all three courses at once. We ate our appetizers when they arrived, then waited and waited...and waited. Finally our waiter came by and asked if we were ready for dessert. We had to inform him we hadn't received our entrees yet and he seemed really confused. There was a table near us with a different server and they'd been sitting over an hour waiting for their food (I think they had drinks and no cash and therefore couldn't just walk out). I remember them complaining to the manager and he sort of brushed it off until we piped up and said the same thing. And then we barely made it to the candlelight processional that was the whole reason we booked that meal...I will say I love the ambiance of the restaurant and MAY book it again in the future, but would just plan on apps + drinks and reserve a lot of time.

Others that are one and done for us (but that we weren't looking forward to as much as San Angel Inn) are Tony's and Chefs de France. No huge issues there, but we found the food and service at both to be mediocre at best and see no need to return when there are plenty of other favorites and new places to try at WDW. We also weren't impressed by Artist Point compared to other signatures, but I could give it another shot sometime.

I have heard that they frown upon people just ordering apps and drinks. That's one reason I cancelled my ADR with them for our upcoming trip.

Best comment I have read was when someone said they wished more people would put Ohanas on their list so it was easier to get a booking!! AGREE!

The Luau was something we used to do multiple times a visit when I was a kid. Makes me sad that 20plus years later Spirit of Aloha sounds so bad.:(

50's PT. We were all underwhelmed by the food, atmosphere and just everything. Maybe we were all tired or whatever that day. Maybe it's because we live in the South and can get wonderful "comfort food" right down the road. I *might* give it another go one day, but I wouldn't be upset if I never went back.

The food at 50s PT is nothing special. The schtick is what makes it special. Unfortunately, not every CM is equal in how well they apply the schtick.

Ohana - overpriced, AWFUL service, not great food. We really had a horrible meal. I should have complained to the manager about our service that evening.

CRT breakfast - overpriced, bad service, princess experiences were meh. The food was decent - but even though I recognize the high price was really for the experience - the food component was "cheap" and thought there should have been a bit more food in terms of quality/choices/quantity for the price. I do this again if they added the princes into the experience.

I've got some others that aren't high on my list to repeat - but these are the only two I probably won't ever revisit.

Chef Mickey's - The breakfast was OK, the characters were great, BUT it was so loud and so bustling that it was very uncomfortable, and we won't go back
50's Prime Time - food was OK-ish, but we didn't get any of the schtick, so it was just kind of weird.
peso's Bills - WHY does this place get such good write ups? Oily generic food, we were unimpressed.

I thought of another one to add. Chefs de France. Our service was excruciatingly slow. Our dinner, for two people who ordered salads and entrees, took two and a half hours. :sad2:

You are 100% spot on with your description of the schoolbread. Was looking foward to trying it and spit it out immediately. Just gross.

As far as the one and done.....Hollywood Brown Derby
I absolutely agree with Hollywood Brown Derby. It was overpriced as a steakhouse, we had poor service, but the atmosphere was nice. Also as a signature it really didn't feel worth 2 meals on my dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!