One bedrooms

1 bedroom or higher is the way to go. I did stay in a Studio not to long ago for one night at Hilton head. Wanted 4 nights in a 1 bedroom only got three. So first night was in a studio. Studio stay for me is only if I’m usually only staying for one night say before a cruise. Really nothing special to a studio just like a hotel room.

We are a family of 3 (DS14), so we will stay in a studio for 1-2 nights pre-cruise. When we bought DVC, we bought enough points for 7 nights in a 1BR at Kidani. Of course, several spells of addonitis later and we have significantly increased our ownership to cover many more days in a 1BR. We have to follow the school calendar now, so we primarily visit in the summer or spring break. If we’re staying for 7-10 nights, we definitely get a 1BR for the space. We fill the fridge with snacks and beverages. We can come back midday and someone can nap in the BR while another plays online games in the living room and I enjoy a beverage on the balcony! Out purple box is full of things that require a condo style accommodation to make it worth having the locker. Like others, we have an aversion to standard sized hotel rooms now on other vacations because of our DVC villa experience. Love and miss my DVC but hopefully we’ll be able to travel in July 2021 for our first Grand Villa stay (Covid excess points, of course!).

This thread echoes process of DVC through the last 8 years. We started off with enough points to stay in a studio for 7 nights once every other year at BLT, 2 kids initially. Then VGF opened and we bought there, had another kid, stayed in a 2 bedroom our first stay at VGF with extended family, bought more VGF points. I think we would be okay staying in a 1 bedroom for the 5 of us but we love the 2 bedrooms. If wife and I stay for more than a few nights, we also would rather have a 1 bedroom for some extra space and comforts of a full kitchen.

I know that my family is in the minority but we only get one bedrooms. It is just me and DH this trip, we are at BWV, Boardwalk view. I am awake in the living room, waiting for the coffee to finish. DH will probably sleep for another 2 hours. It is nice to be able to have somewhere to go and let him sleep late. In real life, I am a morning person that works nights and he is a night owl that starts work early.

Wee love 1bed rooms as well. Nice to have separate room for the parents and the kids to sleep. Recently, we have been doing more frequent smaller trips and have had to do studios to save on points. And it actually did not suck. May rethink my strategy.

When its me and my DH, we do a 1 bdrm. When our adult child joins us its a 2 bdrm. None of us cook but we do use the washer/dryer. There is no way after 30+ years of marriage I am sleeping in a queen bed....:)

I have added on a couple of times with the sole intention of staying in 1 BRs. It turned out, we liked going more often and staying in studios as a compromise. I'm sure this next statement will be controversial, but we really would like to see a better balance between studio points and 1 BR points. I understand I have selfish reasons for wishing they were closer, but given the low availability of studios v. 1 BRs during most seasons, it seems reasonable to balance them again to me.

There are 3 of us. Me, DW and our DD15. The one BRs fit us perfectly. I just don't want to buy anymore points, though I really should and probably will soon. It's not the points. It's the ever-increasing dues. Anyway...

I too liked the comment about studios feeling like tourists and 1 BRs feeling like a vacation. That was pretty much a perfect analogy.

Can I join your 1-BR club?

So far I've stayed in the 1-BRs at:
Riviera
AKL - Jambo House (Value)
Beach Club Villas
Vero Beach

My favorite of all those was Riviera. It's just so nicely appointed. I loved all the furnishings, the artwork, and i have that pulldown bed that's in the living room makes it's way to all the refurbishments. I don't feel the guilt of making anyone feel like they're sleeping on an inferior sofa bed. All the 1-BRs had something different and special to them. Even the value 1BR from AKL. That bathroom was as big as the bedroom!

I did recently try the Studio at Poly and that was great but I understand it's probably the best of the Studios compared to the rest of the accommodations so I'm already spoiled there too.

What 1-BR should I try next?

Can I join your 1-BR club?

So far I've stayed in the 1-BRs at:
Riviera
AKL - Jambo House (Value)
Beach Club Villas
Vero Beach

My favorite of all those was Riviera. It's just so nicely appointed. I loved all the furnishings, the artwork, and i have that pulldown bed that's in the living room makes it's way to all the refurbishments. I don't feel the guilt of making anyone feel like they're sleeping on an inferior sofa bed. All the 1-BRs had something different and special to them. Even the value 1BR from AKL. That bathroom was as big as the bedroom!

I did recently try the Studio at Poly and that was great but I understand it's probably the best of the Studios compared to the rest of the accommodations so I'm already spoiled there too.

What 1-BR should I try next?
BLT or Kidani. The extra bathroom is great. They are also great 2BR for that reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!