One day/night.... which deluxe resort? Why?

Welovedisney!

Earning My Ears
Going in June... arrive the 19th for 10 nights. The 25-29th are in stone at Poly(first time) Our first 6 nights are up in the air. Currently booked at CBR (2nd time and the girls don’t remember) but then I had this brilliant idea (or so I thought). I am kicking around the idea of making the 19th a Resort day. Preferably a deluxe... which resort would you recommend? Not too worried about cost. Thinking a good pool is a must and really contemplating theme park view at CR so we can end the day with fireworks from our balcony. Kids are 11 and 12 and hubby likes to relax. All suggestions and ideas are welcomed. It would be a surprise for my kiddos. Thanks in advance!

I would personally suggest The Beach Club. It is a five minute walk from the world pavilion of Epcot, so you could easily go there to watch the fireworks after. They are also visible from parts of the resort, but the walk to Epcot is very short. It also has the greatest resort pool which it shares with the Yacht Club, which includes waterslides and hot tubs. It is a very relaxing atmosphere, and there is also a boat/ 15 min walk to Hollywood Studios.

You don't want the rest of the trip to be a let down, so beware going too 'big' for one night. I would aim for something completely different. Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah view bunkbeds would be fun. So would Yacht Club with a balcony view over the lake and day at Stormalong bay.

CR pool is sorta meh. Just a lot of concrete. I’d think about either Beach or Yacht Club. Stormalong Bay is prob the best pool on site. And you can watch Epcot Illuminations from the walkway bridge between BC & Boardwalk. Also walk around The Boardwalk area, go for ice cream, watch street entertainment.

Are you aware CBR has construction?

I like your idea of CR theme park view they also have Cabanas for rent by the pool, GF would also be a great resort to just relax by the pool at - how fun!!! Enjoy your trip!

We lovelovelove Wilderness Lodge - but for a "resort only" day, AKL can't be beat. They have SO many activities at the Lodge for families, and just being able to watch the animals alone is amazing!

TimTracker just recently posted a Resort Tour video on YouTube. Watch here.

I’m casting another vote for Yacht Club or Beach Club. You’ll have a good pool, an Epcot fireworks view (without entering the park) from the bridge between BC and Boardwalk, a lot of convenient food options, nice walking/running areas, and evening entertainment at the Boardwalk. There are also other recreation options. You can relax or you can fill the day with activity.

OKW is incredibly nice and is my favorite. Main pool area is very relaxing and usually isn't as crowded as other deluxe resorts. Plus, from the main pool you can catch the free boat to Disney Springs. Perfection.

Thanks everyone for the advice!!! We stayed at the YC our last trip and could view the fireworks from our balcony there and my girls loved the pool! I guess I have to figure out if viewing the fireworks at MK from our balcony is worth giving up the pool?!? Why do Disney decisions have to be so tough?!? Haha

CR pool is sorta meh. Just a lot of concrete. I’d think about either Beach or Yacht Club. Stormalong Bay is prob the best pool on site. And you can watch Epcot Illuminations from the walkway bridge between BC & Boardwalk. Also walk around The Boardwalk area, go for ice cream, watch street entertainment.

Are you aware CBR has construction?
Yeah I have read about the construction. Concerned only slightly. We usually do a split stay mod/deluxe and we have stayed at CS(family fave) so many times that they were ready to try a different moderate this time since they don’t remember staying there. Leaning toward BC/YC for our first day. It’s making more and more sense to do that.

You don't want the rest of the trip to be a let down, so beware going too 'big' for one night. I would aim for something completely different. Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah view bunkbeds would be fun. So would Yacht Club with a balcony view over the lake and day at Stormalong bay.

My husband and I have talked about that. But it’s already hard anytime we go because we’ve stayed Deluxe before. We just keep saying “oh but the YC/BC is sooooo nice”. Haha I like to stay new places and the one place we haven’t stayed is CR. But if the pool is just so so then we may pass. Looking into AKL activities this afternoon. I kind of over looked that Resort. Thanks so much for the input!

Thanks everyone for the advice!!! We stayed at the YC our last trip and could view the fireworks from our balcony there and my girls loved the pool! I guess I have to figure out if viewing the fireworks at MK from our balcony is worth giving up the pool?!? Why do Disney decisions have to be so tough?!? Haha

You'll be able to view the fireworks from the beach when you get to Poly, so, personally, I would give up the TPV to stay somewhere with a better pool. If you've already done YC and SAB, consider BWI. My DS10 considers the BWI slide the best on property. I agree with the others on AKL as well. It's gorgeous and the pools are great!

I wouldn't do three different resorts for a ten day trip. Have you priced out possible nights? I was just looking at the same thing, but only because I can't get the discount on our first night at POR. One night of theme park view at the Contemporary will likely cost as much as your whole CBR stay! If cost isn't an issue, I'd stay at the Poly the whole time.

Do the first part of the trip at CBR and the second at the Poly. Make your resort day part of your Poly stay. It's a lovely resort.

Going in June... arrive the 19th for 10 nights. The 25-29th are in stone at Poly(first time) Our first 6 nights are up in the air. Currently booked at CBR (2nd time and the girls don’t remember) but then I had this brilliant idea (or so I thought). I am kicking around the idea of making the 19th a Resort day. Preferably a deluxe... which resort would you recommend? Not too worried about cost. Thinking a good pool is a must and really contemplating theme park view at CR so we can end the day with fireworks from our balcony. Kids are 11 and 12 and hubby likes to relax. All suggestions and ideas are welcomed. It would be a surprise for my kiddos. Thanks in advance!
BEACH CLUB, swimming in Stormalong Bay. We LOVE it there. For a resort day, it is a must do.

I wouldn't do three different resorts for a ten day trip. Have you priced out possible nights? I was just looking at the same thing, but only because I can't get the discount on our first night at POR. One night of theme park view at the Contemporary will likely cost as much as your whole CBR stay! If cost isn't an issue, I'd stay at the Poly the whole time.

Do the first part of the trip at CBR and the second at the Poly. Make your resort day part of your Poly stay. It's a lovely resort.

My kids really like changing resorts. They personally requested 3 resorts this time. I am the one that said no initially. And I should clarify that cost isn’t an issue for one night especially if a discount for June comes out. Even if it doesn’t a room at Y/B would be around $470 and CBR is already at $200. So it’s an additional $270 as it stands now without a discount. The discount would just be extra spending money! Haha Lastly, we travel by car 17-20 hours so a first day as a resort day is sometimes warranted. Sometimes we hit a park for fireworks or Disney Springs for the evening. This is why i like to ask for advice like this on here because everyone does things different and it puts a different perspective on things. Thanks everyone! Still didn’t make up my mind yet. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter