One time use points?

disneymagicRN

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know what is happening with one time use points if your reservation is cancelled because of Covid19? We have a reservation beginning May 31 to June 5. I am not optimistic Disney will reopen by that point, but hoping so much they are. Just wondering if they refund your money, or put the points to your account?

DVC just sent an email stating one time use points will be returned to current use year. Are these able to be banked? We have a June use year. We are expecting in August. I'm not sure if our trip (May 30-June 5) is cancelled that we would be able to travel before January.

No, OTU points expire at the end of the UY in which they were used,

This is the first mention of them, so it seems they have decided to not refund money to owners for those points,

What I would do, IMO, is make sure your OTU points are being used for a date after June 1st, This way, you’d have until May 31st, 2021 to use them.

So if they are June 2020 points, they would have to be used by May 31, 2021? I don't trust my brain right now 🙃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!