one VGF complaint

summabreeze85

Mouseketeer
SO, just returned from our one-night stay in a lake view studio at VGF.

LOVED the concierge check-in (felt like I was checking in to a 5 star Caribbean all-inclusive resort. Was only missing the welcome beverage), the 2 showers, the rainfall showerhead, the decor, the hardwood, and the beautiful sunrise we watched outside from the balcony.

Also a bonus: we checked in at 11:30am. The cm called housekeeping right there in front of us to ask about a room. Of course they were completely full the night before and had nothing available but assured us they would try to do everything they could to get us in a room as fast as possible (w a 6-month in tow). The head of housekeeping personally called us at 1pm to tell us they were still working on getting us a room, and offered suggestions for things to do while we waited. She told us about the decorated chocolate eggs in the main building. Couldn't believe they called us, and we actually spoke to a real human! Got a text at 2:30 while we were swimming in the pool that the room was ready.

Things that were so-so: the TV is BIG, which is awesome, but I found the picture quality to be not that great. Also do not understand the point of the TV in the mirror in the bathroom. If you could sit in the tub or stand in the shower and watch, that'd be totally worth it! But I'm not going to stand there longer than 3 mins when brushing my teeth and washing my face/hands. And it took a whole minute to repeatedly press the power button to find the sweet spot that turned the thing on.

COMPLAINT: the toilet paper is awful! You'd think with all the extra points you are spending that is one thing they could afford to upgrade.

Overall we had a great stay! (highlighted w watching frozen on the courtyard lawn w about 30 other families, very cool! Its the Friday night under-the-stars movie this month) A real treat to stay there and I'm glad we got to do it but i won't be sad if it doesn't happen again. I personally can't justify spending the extra points for my family to stay there and dealing with the headache of trying to get reservations.

(Let me also say that I got married at the WP and had the reception at Narcoossee's. We were given a free room night as part of the wedding package at any resort so of course I chose GF and they upgraded us to concierge level. Comparing the villas to my first stay at the GF probably isn't fair. But in my mind the villas help the place lose some of that 'exclusivity' feeling. Or maybe I'm just sad and being nostalgic because the beach we took our wedding pictures on is now gone and got developed. And that was only 4.5 years ago lol)

We just returned from a 5 night VGF stay in a dedicated 2 bedroom. We are in love with staying at VGF and can't wait to stay there again.

About the toilet tissue issue, it is the same as in the Boardwalk 1 bedroom that we stayed in before moving over to the VGF. I think it is standard at Disney deluxe resorts.

The TV in the mirror can be watched from the stand alone tub in the 1 and 2 bedroom units, but is probably a waste in the smaller bathrooms.

We checked in on April 1st and our 2 bedroom villa was ready at noon! We were expecting to have to kill time at the MK until at least 4:00. We were beyond thrilled.

I also loved the staff at the VGF - they just have a different attitude than we have experienced at other DVC resorts. They all seem to love working there!

I would imagine that Disney has somehow calculated a tremendous savings on using cheaper TP over a more luxurious brand. That alone is probably saving a ton of money when they probably need over one million rolls per year at all the DVC resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter