Online check-in hell

Eeyore Girl

Mouseketeer
OMG.....I HATE the online check-in process!!! I have been trying to check-in online now for about 20 minutes. I'm so pissed right now at the site. I was what I would think half way done and it timed out and now I have to find my reservation again. And when I try it says that the reservation is linked under my husband (which he hasn't even linked it...i'm on my acct this whole time). What am I doing wrong? :headache::mad:

I do not understand it either!!

I hope someone here can help!!

OMG.....I HATE the online check-in process!!! I have been trying to check-in online now for about 20 minutes. I'm so pissed right now at the site. I was what I would think half way done and it timed out and now I have to find my reservation again. And when I try it says that the reservation is linked under my husband (which he hasn't even linked it...i'm on my acct this whole time). What am I doing wrong? :headache::mad:

Why check in on-line? We checked in yesterday at the front desk. We didn't have to wait at all (at 4:00). In and out within 5 minutes, got a room that met all our requests. We've never done on-line check in and I honestly don't know why. Maybe we've just been lucky!

Why check in on-line? We checked in yesterday at the front desk. We didn't have to wait at all (at 4:00). In and out within 5 minutes, got a room that met all our requests. We've never done on-line check in and I honestly don't know why. Maybe we've just been lucky!

Agreed. The last time I checked in the online check in line was much longer than the regular check in and each person spent as much time at the desk as we did for a regular check in, so I think it kind of defeats the purpose. I also make room requests at the time I book my trip and more times than not I have always gotten what I wanted.

I tried to do on-line check-in this past Saturday and the link kept bringing me to "My Disney Experience" with no further links for checking into my reservation. Tried several times - twice from computer at home and twice from 2 different smart phones on the bus ride to the hotel. Same problem. I told the front desk person who didn't seem to give a hoot. On the way out of the lobby (SSR) I overheard another person telling the doorman that the on-line check-in didn't work and I chimed in. The doorman speculated that we were using Macs and when I told him I was using a PC and a smart phone he insisted that the only problem was with Macs. :confused3 Then I realized how silly I was for mentioning my IT problems to the doorman :lmao:

Terri

Agreed. The last time I checked in the online check in line was much longer than the regular check in and each person spent as much time at the desk as we did for a regular check in, so I think it kind of defeats the purpose. I also make room requests at the time I book my trip and more times than not I have always gotten what I wanted.

I've noticed that also, the regular line usually moves quicker than the online. I did use online check in(I think back in 2009) when I stayed solo at VWL. Lucked out and got a dedicated studio.

I checked in yesterday and tried using the link from my DVC reservation. It kept taking me to the main Disney web page. I called MS and they told me to use the "mydisneyreservation" site. Went there, checked in without a single problem in about 3 minutes.

I tried to do on-line check-in this past Saturday and the link kept bringing me to "My Disney Experience" with no further links for checking into my reservation. Tried several times - twice from computer at home and twice from 2 different smart phones on the bus ride to the hotel. Same problem. I told the front desk person who didn't seem to give a hoot. On the way out of the lobby (SSR) I overheard another person telling the doorman that the on-line check-in didn't work and I chimed in. The doorman speculated that we were using Macs and when I told him I was using a PC and a smart phone he insisted that the only problem was with Macs. :confused3 Then I realized how silly I was for mentioning my IT problems to the doorman :lmao:

Terri
Boy I just came over here to look for the same reason, I booked online and could find no where to put in a request for area at SSR and tried to do the online check in figuring it was there(never done this before because I do not trust any Disney online stuff just go to desk at resort after booking on the phone and adding room request) that I could add that. Ha took be to the Disney Experience and that is all I could find. What a mess. so can anyone tell me how to add a room area request for SSR or just hope for the best and next time go back to calling... How frustrating.. We usually have to call because we book 3 weeks at 11month window at BWV. but this time I was just booking for next month for 3 days AKLand another added week at SSR all I could get. Geez I will never do this again. What a mess.

Online check-in will help guests staying at Value and Moderate resorts more than the Deluxe/DVC resorts where there is a more attentive front desk staff and fewer folk checking in. I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a CM to help me, and once being helped only had a delay once as they worked to link my reservations so we wouldn't have to move mid-trip.

Longest line I've ever been in was when they evacuated Fort Wilderness for Charlie and moved us over to POR - spent over 3 hours in line between FQ and RS. :rotfl: Compared to that, anything's a pleasant wait.

Second longest wait for a CM to check-in was at ASM, 5 people on the desk, but they could only wait on one family at a time. Took 20 minutes to get up to the desk, and we were second in line. Go figure. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter