Online Check In - Pros and Cons

disneybirds

DIS Veteran
If I remember correctly, at one point many were saying not to check in online with the MBs. Is this still true? Trying to decide whether to check in online or not before our upcoming stay.

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, at one point many were saying not to check in online with the MBs. Is this still true? Trying to decide whether to check in online or not before our upcoming stay. Thanks!

i have nothing to add except that I didn't thjnk and checked us in already for Feb. I am hoping a lot of the bugs are worked out by then! Either way, we're not too worried. online checkin was a breeze on our Sept trip

We have found that since online check-in started that our requests are met more often.
I did online check-in for this past early Dec trip and my upcoming Jan trip. The only issue I have found is the MBs did not work for FP+. I had a printout of my FP+ selections and that got us on to the FP rides but we had to be manually checked out at each location.

This time that we went with magic bands, online check in was very convenient as we did not even had to make a line to check in, they got us on the door and checked everything on an ipad and just gave us our packet and room number, our requests were met and all was good. It was themost convenient checkinwe ever had!

We were at WDW in November and used our MBs for our split stay at 3 resorts. We did online checkin for all of the resorts. We had no problems.

If I remember correctly, at one point many were saying not to check in online with the MBs. Is this still true? Trying to decide whether to check in online or not before our upcoming stay.

Thanks!

Never again, for us, will we do on-line check-in. Last trip I started out at Kidani-walked in and asked the CM where I should go since I'd done on-line check-in. Apparently, there's no separate on-line, because I was told to stand in the same line as everyone. Having done on-line made NO difference. Then, at BC (split stay) we actually waited longer while everything was "redone" (whatever that meant). And lastly, at Jambo, again it made absolutely no difference. So for us, taking the time to do on-line check-in has been a total waste of time.

A few years ago we did on line check in and got the world's worst BCV room ever. Posted in the Theme Parks Community lousy room pictures! BUT....since that time, I've found if you do on line check in and specify your requests that (1) you will usually get your room at check in because they have all the prior information of arrival and (2) they will really try to meet your request if you make one. So I guess I'm now a converted fan of on line check in. P.S. There is still a person you can talk to. If you are prepared and have a map of rooms and see that they picked a really lousy one for you, you can address it at that time......ummm...I guess in thinking that statement over, it's only good if you know the good rooms from the lousy rooms. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter