Online Check-in

thepops

DIS Veteran
Is there any real advantage to doing online check-in? :confused3 Maybe I've been lucky, but I've never really encountered a big line when I have gone to check-in.
Any advice here?
thanks

I have never used it or encountered a line up or delay whilst checking in, however I will give it a go for our next trip, as I have heard others mention they are welcomed when getting out of their car or shuttle and handed their room keys - pretty nice welcome by the sounds of it, especially after a long flight!

I have never used it or encountered a line up or delay whilst checking in, however I will give it a go for our next trip, as I have heard others mention they are welcomed when getting out of their car or shuttle and handed their room keys - pretty nice welcome by the sounds of it, especially after a long flight!

I love that it makes you feel special. Warm and fuzzy and ready to have fun.

3 min check in advantage???

Giggle all you want, ;) , I for one love the fact that when I get out of my car there is someone waiting for me with an iPad, greets me by name, asking if there's any special requests, and walks me right in to the desk and hands me my package.

Plus if you do have a special request, sometimes you can add it during online check in.

Another thing is that usually check in isn't until late in the day. The last time we were actually arriving at 9 am. So I told them that during online check in and my room was ready at 9 am. One other time we had to wait about an hour.

I can't seem to check in online.

Jun 7 stay at OKW for a week

But

I have a studio and 2 br linked

Every time I try to check in via the DVC website I get redirected to the WDW main page.

Am I doing something wrong?

But

Every time I try to check in via the DVC website I get redirected to the WDW main page.

The link from the DVC website to the online check-in is not working.
Call MS, choose to be connected to Tech Services, and they will give you the website to do online check-in.

Online check-in is a Disney Resorts product designed to shorten the long lines at the convention and value resorts. It is also designed to reduce the number of employees by reducing the contact time at the Front Desk and reducing the number of guests asking for a different room.

With the DVC on several occasions we have had online check-in take longer than the regular check-in.

:earsboy: Bill

But

You can check in through the "My Disney Experience" website.

:earsboy: Bill

Giggle all you want, ;) , I for one love the fact that when I get out of my car there is someone waiting for me with an iPad, greets me by name, asking if there's any special requests, and walks me right in to the desk and hands me my package.

FWIW, what you describe has never once happened to us with online checkin. No ipad, no one greeting me until I actually get up to the desk.

I have had a CM come out while I'm in line (but they don't know who I am) and then either walk me over to a CM at the desk (to the normal checkin area vs the online area that I'm waiting in) or go get my packet, but I haven't had someone do all of what you've experienced.

The one time we got a totally inappropriate room (which was given to us, I assume, because we were among the last to check in and our room had already been rejected by many others) was when I did NOT do online checkin.

Apart from one room that should never have been in rotation at all (horrid mildew and mold problems through the whole 2 bedroom villa), we've gotten great rooms when doing online checkin.

Our February trip was hinky because of all the systems changes and problems, so half the time they hadn't gotten the CC info via the checkin process, etc etc, so the checkins did take longer than they have in the past or should be expected to take, but that wasn't online checkin's fault...just the system changes and problems that were happening in Feb.

FWIW, what you describe has never once happened to us with online checkin. No ipad, no one greeting me until I actually get up to the desk.

I have had a CM come out while I'm in line (but they don't know who I am) and then either walk me over to a CM at the desk (to the normal checkin area vs the online area that I'm waiting in) or go get my packet, but I haven't had someone do all of what you've experienced.

The one time we got a totally inappropriate room (which was given to us, I assume, because we were among the last to check in and our room had already been rejected by many others) was when I did NOT do online checkin.

Apart from one room that should never have been in rotation at all (horrid mildew and mold problems through the whole 2 bedroom villa), we've gotten great rooms when doing online checkin.

Our February trip was hinky because of all the systems changes and problems, so half the time they hadn't gotten the CC info via the checkin process, etc etc, so the checkins did take longer than they have in the past or should be expected to take, but that wasn't online checkin's fault...just the system changes and problems that were happening in Feb.

I'm sorry you experienced that. We've stayed at BWV 3 times within the last 1 1/2 years. All 3 times someone is waiting for us when we pull up to the valet. At BCV (stayed at once) same thing. At AKV (stayed at once) we did walk in, and then up to the Online checkin counter, but there was no line at all.

So since we've had DVC, which is December 2011, we've stayed only 5 times, and those were our experiences with online checkin.

Very interesting to hear others' experiences, though. Our next trip isn't until October and will be at VWL, so we'll see what happens there.

We've done both. Online check-in has been inconsistent for us. Sometimes it has been awesome. Other times a fiasco, especially after the Tekkies did a system upgrade. Regular check-in has been more reliable for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter