Online classes and the DCP

Heyheatherhere

Earning My Ears
hello everyone! My name is heather and I have been searching for this answer but cannot find it anywhere. I have done the DCP twice and graduated from my college more than 6 months ago. I was looking into taking an online course at my local junior college. You just pay for the class and if you complete it you get a certificate of completion with a passing grade. Does this count as being apart of a college and being enrolled? Will I be able to apply for the upcoming Disney college program applications?
I’m sorry if my question does not make sense. I just really want to apply for the program and then becOme a full time cast member once and for all. Thank you very much!

From my understanding, you have to be currently enrolled AND have completed one semester. So I think as long as you're enrolled in a class in the semester prior to the program beginning, you should be fine, since by the time the program begins, you would have completed one semester. Basically, if you want to do the Spring 2019 program, you need to have at least enrolled by Fall 2018 (and obviously need to pass that class). But this is definitely something you should email recruiters about. They can definitely give you the right information.

Sorry, if that is confusing, you can definitely ask me to clarify if you need me to lol!

Also, how long has it been since you graduated? If it hasn't been that much more than 6 months (like maybe 7-9 months), maybe they will give you a little bit of leeway anyways.

Last edited:
However, if you're truly serious about being a full-time CM, I definitely would recommend you try that route first. CPs are at the very bottom of the totem pole and you would get a lot more benefit by being FT. Also, there's no absolute guarantee that you would be able to move straight from a CP to FT. Plus, by being a FT CM, you would start building up your seniority, which is a HUGE deal at Disney. Doing another CP would definitely help you get your foot in the door, but you already have that experience on your resume, going FT just might be more beneficial for you. BUT, I completely understand it all depends on what works for you and what you want to do, so sorry for the unsolicited advice!! :-):-):-)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter