"Onward" (spoiler-free) thoughts?

tinkerhon

DIS Veteran
So- just home from seeing Pixar's latest - really torn - I liked it, but it just didn't seem like a Pixar film to me - read one review that stated that it could have been made by any other studio - that's exactly how we felt - that is was more DreamWorks than Pixar. Holland and Pratt perfectly cast, and they do excellent work - just a heads-up - for any parents/guardians that plan on taking young ones - think about familiarizing yourself with the main storyline , and you might want to speak with the child before seeing the movie - My DD9 ( he loved it) had a ton of questions , and when I explained ( no spoilers here) why I could relate to the film, he was a bit upset -

In other news - the trailer for "Soul" was very good, and the Disney Meets the Simpson's short was fantastic!

See, I thought it visually looked a bit more like a Dreamworks movie, but I felt that the story had all the heart-grabbing feels of a Pixar movie. No spoilers, but any other studio makes that and the ending is different. They did it right.

I also absolutely loved how right the Dungeons & Dragons references were - ha ha. They even had to mention Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast in the credits. I really loved that part.

See, I thought it visually looked a bit more like a Dreamworks movie, but I felt that the story had all the heart-grabbing feels of a Pixar movie. No spoilers, but any other studio makes that and the ending is different. They did it right.

I also absolutely loved how right the Dungeons & Dragons references were - ha ha. They even had to mention Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast in the credits. I really loved that part.

Basically my thoughts - very "How to Train your Dragon" look to it -- liked the storyline as well, but I thought a few parts dragged - absolutely love everything that Spencer does, but didn't like the character - couldn't put a finger on it - Maybe too over-the-top? JMHO

Her scenes made me feel like I was watching "Madagascar"

Basically my thoughts - very "How to Train your Dragon" look to it -- liked the storyline as well, but I thought a few parts dragged - absolutely love everything that Spencer does, but didn't like the character - couldn't put a finger on it - Maybe too over-the-top? JMHO

Her scenes made me feel like I was watching "Madagascar"

I can agree that it was a little long. I'd have probably cut some of the mom/Manticore stuff. I still think it delivered though and had more emotion than a typical Dreamworks or movie from any other studio really.

Made me cry. The feels are definitely Pixar's. Tom and Chris did amazing too. Yeah it looks diff from the usual Pixar but I kinda like it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter