OOP average?

sunny_stace

DIS Veteran
hey guys! Just wondering how much you guys have generally spent OOP when using the dining plan?

Our out of pocket was probably a bit over $100 on our 8 night stay in April (this amount doesn't include grocery items we brought along from home for breakfast, as we were staying at BCV and had a kitchen), all of which was for non-essential items and could have been avoided if we really wanted to stick with the plan only. As I recall we got a pitcher of sangria at Spoodles, a bottle of wine and a vegetable side to share for our "date night" dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse, a sushi appetizer and I think a beer for my husband at Teppanyaki, and two sundaes at Beaches and Cream because we had promised the kids. We may have bought a bottle of water or two but usually were fine with those we got with snack credits or the ones we got with counter service meals. We hardly touched the snacks I brought along from home and didn't eat as much of the breakfast food as I had planned because there was so much food available on the plan. Other than treating yourself to a favorite or having an "adult" beverage I think it would be easy not to spend anything out of pocket on the dining plan, especially now that (from what I understand) they have so greatly expanded what you can use snack credits for.

ratfam said:
Our out of pocket was probably a bit over $100 on our 8 night stay in April .

This isnt "per day" correct? ****Im about to faint***

I budgeted $25/ per day as "extra food" - I think this outta do it...right??

The only OOP expenses we had were extra tips. We brought along granola bars so we would have a snack in the morning, and we always asked for out dessert to go, we would keep it in the fridge at the resort in case we needed an afternoon snack.

Yes, CathrynRose, our approx $100 was total for our entire four person, 8 night trip, and it also included a few times that we left extra tip. I think your budget would work out fine unless you're buying a large third meal or planning on a bottle of wine or several adult beverages every day. We are fairly big eaters and even we couldn't keep up with the dining plan.

I don't have the exact number handy but it was between $50-75 for a 7 night stay. We didn't get much in the way of snacks outside the dinning plan and payed OOP for two of the kids meals.

When I go in Sept. for 3 nights I plan on bringing about $50. That should be enough. I don't think I'll get too many snacks and drinks when I go to the F&WF.

We used the DDP last month for our 12 night stay and allowed $50 a day for the 2 of us adults. We like to eat a sit down breakfast (OOP) a few times and don't use the DDP for a few of our regular places (the Plaza or Trails End). Plus we like to have a drink or two at the pool (which averages $16 for 2 drinks each time). Plus the cost of food court breakfasts (OOP). That amount seem to suit our needs well. That did not include our souvenir cost, which we usually put on our disney visa.

On our 8 day trip we spent about $24 for two mugs. That is all my daughter and I spent on food other than what was included in the dining plan. My husband bought a couple cookies. We spent $25 on extra tips.

I think it depends if you have kids or you like speciality drinks etc. I didn't spend any money out of pocket on additional food or drinks. My mom, on the other hand, likes speciality coffee drinks which were not covered. Overall it wasn't much.

The only "Food" Opp we had was my refillable mug. And some candy for DD at the candy company. (So total was less than $25 for our 7 days, oh and whatever beer Dh bought. So maybe $50-60 for the week)

I'm counting on about $110.00. We will pay OOP for a couple of kid's meals and one late lunch at the Plaza. This will be so we can do 2 TS meals for DD's birthday. We're also doing PSB one day and a TS breakfsat on our last day. Not a bad deal at all.

On our 8 night stay in May, I spent $12 each for mugs and $3.09 for skim milk--total of under $30. I could have avoided the milk purchase had I planned better and gotten smaller amounts of milk as drinks with CS meals at the resort.

We had way more food on the DDP than we could possibly eat, so took leftovers back to our DVC villa. Made great snacks.....

I know we bought mugs and paid for some of our CS breakfast's. Oh and I bought dole whips a few times :goodvibes. One night at Ohana DH had the Lapu Lapu, I had a pina colada and DD had a virgin pina colada. So I would say we spend about $110-$110 OOP on the plan lastyear.

We brought stuff for breakfasts which was probably about $10. We bought refillable mugs ($12 ea) and then used the bottled drinks we got from food court meals for DH's powerades he needed for his running. I bought the kids milk each morning which was about $3 per day. Everyone got a treat from goofy's candy co which was about $12. One day we did buy $10 of drinks OOP but we also had 1 CS each for our last day that we used to bring dinner sandwiches with us to the airport as we were fuller than we thought from O'Hana breakfast so that was a meal we planned to buy OOP that we didn't need to. All told including mugs it was $100 or less for 6 days and 4 people.

Yvonne

We just got back from a eight day trip May 21st-28th. The only things we paid extra for were the refillable mugs, two kaki gori's at Epcot, a pint of milk, and one breakfast platter at POP one morning.

We also just returned and paid oop only for one breakfast at Kona (which we planned on before we left for WDW), 2 small milks, 4-6 adult beverages, a lg. pizza,(which is NOT included in the DDP, contrary to previous posts) only one refillable mug at POR and one at the water park, w/a $6 refill sticker for our second trip . We spent OOP less than $100 on extra food. We did bring breakfast bars, cereal, & bottled water with us too. Even with all my planning, we still could have used the plan better, as we had 11 snack credits, 7 counter service credits after lunch on our departure day! We used them up, however in the WL gift shop, buying drinks, donuts, & chips with the snack credits, and then using the CS for the fresh focacia sandwiches and chips in the Roaring Fork for our trip home. It actually worked out very well! A little bit of Disney carried us home...

We spent about $100 OOP for our entire 8 day trip last August as well. That included a few alcoholic beverages, extra tips, and a few snack that at that time weren't included in the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter