Opinion Poll: Does EPCOT deserve independence from Disney World?

Should EPCOT be free from Disney ownership?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

liquidbase

Mouseketeer
This online discussion is intended to share and solve whether or not EPCOT should break away from Walt Disney World and become an independent theme park/resort.

The reason I believe EPCOT must leave Disney is because of the way the company has been neglecting the park's original philosophy it was founded on. As testified on it's dedication plaque, EPCOT's mission is to explore science/technology and showcase the world's real culture/diversity. But in recent years, Disney has introduced attractions to the park designed to appeal younger kids. A few examples are a character meet & greet at Innoventions, the Finding Nemo makeover of the Seas pavilion and opening next year a ride based on Frozen at the Norway pavilion. Although these attractions help kids love EPCOT, they represent little to none of the park's main principles. Therefore, an EPCOT breakup with Disney would replace all the attractions with Disney's influence and ultimately restore the park's true purpose. This idea may sound very rebellious for Disney resort fans like myself, but for those who are unhappy about what EPCOT has become I feel convinced that it's the best chance in the long-term for the park to be run by people willing to prioritize its core values in all of its attractions.

What do you all think? I'm open to all votes and comments.

What does this have to do with Australia? You already have a thread about this in the "Rumors and News" forum.

In other news, I'd love to see Australia or New Zealand represented in Epcot.

What does this have to do with Australia? You already have a thread about this in the "Rumors and News" forum.

In other news, I'd love to see Australia or New Zealand represented in Epcot.

I don't mean to spam. I was only curious about how Australians felt about it.

For this to happen, someone would have to buy EPCOT. Then, they'd be subject to the Reedy Creek development boards for anything they'd want to do to change it.

I think we have more chance of finding a way to bring back the dead than disney ever selling EPCOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter