Opinions needed: I75 campgrounds in Ga

Disneypeach

Fan of the Fort
Campers,
Anyone have experience/recommendations on a good campground to spend one night on the way from ATL to WDW on I75? I'm thinking somewhere around Tifton, Valdosta, and Lake Park, GA.
I've looked at online Campground reviews but I trust this board more. :love:

Looking for safe, clean, easy on/off of highway, a place with fairly level sites as I'm still kinda new at leveling my little buggy...(Nexus 25 footer class C).

Thanks!

I have stayed at Eagle's Roost South of Valdosta. It is nice for an overnight. There is a Camping World across the highway too. I think it is Exit 5. There were a couple of others that were fine, but I don't remember the names.

If you seach for campgrounds on Google Maps, there are a number of places that come up between Macon and the FL line that are right off the highway. For an overnight, almost anything will work.

j

My avatar pic is from Eagles Roost out last trip, nice little campground, easy on and off. We stayed at the Camping world one across the road, decent campground too. Also stayed at the Tifton KOA, roads needed some work and the sites could have used a little work but nice for a overnight stay.

ETA: I think most of the sites at Eagles Roost were concrete but not extremely wide.

I know this is an older thread, but I was considering Eagles Roost as well. This will be our first trip to Disney in our rig. It puts the bulk of the travel on Day 1 coming from Birmingham, but it’ll make for an easier check-in day at the Fort, right? It sounds like this might be the best option from the reviews I read and I was happy to see it on the forum here. Any other notes?

I've stayed at Eagle's Roost a couple of times. It is nice and very acceptable for an overnight. There was a place across the highway that may be closed now. It wasn't as nice, but fine for an overnight.

Looks like 6 posts up I said almost the same thing 15 months ago. I'll still recommend Google Maps and search for campgrounds.

j

I’ve stayed at eagles roost several times and found it clean, easy on/off, and really nice staff. Pull thru sites, level, with huge oak trees.

We stay at eagles roost when we can’t get a full days drive, which happens often. It is good for an overnight easy on off. Winn Dixie around the corner, couple restaurants, nothing fancy but very convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!