Opinions please! Which hotel

Twinsmom2009

Earning My Ears
Would love some feedback from those who have been to all three of the deluxe hotels. We are set to arrive April 19-27 (assuming travel is still allowed as we are coming from Canada). I currently have RP booked for April 19-22 then moving to Cabana Bay for 5 nights. We have a basic room at RP for now but i have been checking for a club room daily with no luck. Today there were Club rooms at PB for those 3 nights and regular rooms at HRH. We have RP for $219/nt and PB is coming in at $379 for a club room. Is it worth the switch? Anyone who stays Club Level is it enough of a value to justify the cost? We are a family of 4, two adults and 11 year old twin girls. Thoughts anyone? I may still hold out for a Club room at RP as I assume it will be a little cheaper than PB? Anyone know what a club room at RP costs with an AP rate? I'm all over the place I know :) Would love some comments from those who are in the know. Thank you!

Would love some feedback from those who have been to all three of the deluxe hotels. We are set to arrive April 19-27 (assuming travel is still allowed as we are coming from Canada). I currently have RP booked for April 19-22 then moving to Cabana Bay for 5 nights. We have a basic room at RP for now but i have been checking for a club room daily with no luck. Today there were Club rooms at PB for those 3 nights and regular rooms at HRH. We have RP for $219/nt and PB is coming in at $379 for a club room. Is it worth the switch? Anyone who stays Club Level is it enough of a value to justify the cost? We are a family of 4, two adults and 11 year old twin girls. Thoughts anyone? I may still hold out for a Club room at RP as I assume it will be a little cheaper than PB? Anyone know what a club room at RP costs with an AP rate? I'm all over the place I know :) Would love some comments from those who are in the know. Thank you!

That's $160/nt difference so $40 per person. I have stayed club at RPR, and have heard there is more hot breakfast food at PBR. We used it for breakfast, snacks, beer and wine in the evening plus the appetizers. If it is a good value for you will depend on how you use it. We had 2 club rooms at RPR over Thanksgiving a few years ago, all adults so they could access the lounge on their own schedules.

As far as costs, at RPR it used to be roughly $100 more for a club room over regular, could be a bit more now, like $120-$125 more

Check out Lebeau’s trip report
He and his family hae stayed club level 3 times and they love the club food

He has pictures of the food and the hotel

It’s a very helpful trip report

Also check out Schumigirl’s trip reports
She has a lot of pictures that also includes the hotels

I have done hrh and rph club levels and they were fine
The menus are different for each hotel.

I did limited eating at the club room
Breakfast was good and water bottles during the day was a nice plus to have

I rarely came back to the hotel for dinner period or dessert time

I was more concern losing park time
Lol

That's $160/nt difference so $40 per person. I have stayed club at RPR, and have heard there is more hot breakfast food at PBR. We used it for breakfast, snacks, beer and wine in the evening plus the appetizers. If it is a good value for you will depend on how you use it. We had 2 club rooms at RPR over Thanksgiving a few years ago, all adults so they could access the lounge on their own schedules.

As far as costs, at RPR it used to be roughly $100 more for a club room over regular, could be a bit more now, like $120-$125 more
Thank you! I guess that’s the issue. Would we use it enough to make it worth it. Will keep checking and see if a club room comes up.

Check out Lebeau’s trip report
He and his family hae stayed club level 3 times and they love the club food

He has pictures of the food and the hotel

It’s a very helpful trip report

Also check out Schumigirl’s trip reports
She has a lot of pictures that also includes the hotels

I have done hrh and rph club levels and they were fine
The menus are different for each hotel.

I did limited eating at the club room
Breakfast was good and water bottles during the day was a nice plus to have

I rarely came back to the hotel for dinner period or dessert time

I was more concern losing park time
Lol
Thank you! I think it would be super convenient and we would use it for sure. But like you feel we will be in the parks a fair bit... off to check out some trip reports! Thanks for the suggestion :)

To me it isn't worth it. Especially if staying at PBH which is the furthest from the parks. We are not really breakfast people either. A morning cup of coffee is usually fine for me and PBH has a Starbucks outside that sells muffins and such. It's really nice to sit outside with a cup of coffee before heading off to the parks. I also heard RPR has a very nice quick serve location now which they didn't have last time we stayed there. We also really love the restaurants at City Walk so we can put that extra savings towards a nice dinner every night. It's really personal choice but it wouldn't pay off for us.

Last edited:
If you are trying to justify a club room based solely on cost savings (i.e. less food costs to cover the extra room cost) you probably won't cover that extra $160/night with food savings alone. But there are other more intangible benefits to a club room.

A PBR club room means you get a PBR Deluxe room. Those rooms are 490 sqft versus a 335 sqft for a standard RPR room. You will have a very noticeably larger room and a much larger bathroom area in the room. You will have a fairly quiet place with extra room to lounge around in. I tend to get up earlier than my kids. It is nice to be able to head down to the lounge, have a few cups of hot tea, read a book or daily news, while having a nice view of the bay. The breakfast, afternoon snacks/water/sodas and evening food/drinks are very nice too.

I tend to look at my trip budget and if it can take the extra cost for a club room, I go for it. If it can't, I make do without it. :)

A PBR club room means you get a PBR Deluxe room. Those rooms are 490 sqft versus a 335 sqft for a standard RPR room. You will have a very noticeably larger room and a much larger bathroom area in the room. You will have a fairly quiet place with extra room to lounge around in.
This.

We (myself, DW, DD12 and DD13) usually spend so much time in the parks (Disney, Universal, Dollywood, etc) that the room size didn't really matter. We stayed in the 335 sq ft RPR standard and it was tight but manageable. Our next trip was in the 490 sq ft Deluxe at PBH and boy it great. We really enjoyed the remote feel of PBH, especially the boat ride home after a long day in the parks.

I was in the same boat for our trip this weekend but traveling with only one 11 y o girl. I booked PB club 2 queens then switched to RP standard 2 queens and just upgraded us to the king suite. I ended up saving $200 over PB club with the king suite and figured that would cover grocery deliver and the extra savings can do to same food/drink perks.
there is also another option if you want the bigger room at PB you can good a deluxe room @ 490sq ft but the much cheaper garden view is 450 sq ft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!