Opinions Wanted! December 3 night Trip to BWI - CL or DDP?

Erica Ladd

DIS Veteran
I really would love to try Club level and I think I'd love having a relaxed pace of extra FP. We usually arrive early our first day and leave late on our departure date to maximize our time. It will be just me a DH and the idea of not RD'ing just sounds fabulous. We usually get the DP but maybe we wouldn't need it. Not sure if there are better CL's that may be less expensive but we are all about walking to HS, our fave park (tied with AK).

Any input would be appreciated!

My wife and I have been to every club level on property but this one. However, in terms of food, it is all pretty standard. Yes, you can definitely get by without quick service, table service and the dining plan on club level. Be sure to eat a decent breakfast at the lounge. Offerings during lunch are pretty much tortilla chips and salsa, goldfish, gummy bears, etc. But, I've found that if you fill up on free beer through the afternoon, lunch is a mere afterthought. Dinner offerings are more substantial. Then they serve desserts and cordials late night.

Also, don't hesitate to load up on some extras from the lounge and leave them in the room for periodic fill ups.

We've relied on the lounge 3 times now and saved money from not having to go to restaurants (though, it might be a break even situation given the additional cost of club level rooms).

After visiting many (not all) of the CLs, BWI is definitely my favorite. We ate a good breakfast there, had lunch in the parks and would come back for the wonderful dinner offerings (they have a fabulous chef: Regie, who prepares delicious heavy appetizers. Many times we would skip dinner) Have never tried DDP since staying club level!!! (we donot drink beer or wine but I could see that as an additional bonus)

Also,

Take this into consideration: There is an incredible offering of good coffee, teas, cappuccino, etc. The last 2 times my wife and I stayed club level (Animal Kingdom and Contemporary), we didn't touch the parks. Granted, we live an hour away and are annual passholders, but, if you play it the right way, you will get your money back in amenities. Take some food from the lounge into the parks... no quick service necessary. They offer things like uncrustables and fruit.

DON'T feel guilty about doing that, either. You're paying a premium price.

I really would love to try Club level and I think I'd love having a relaxed pace of extra FP. We usually arrive early our first day and leave late on our departure date to maximize our time. It will be just me a DH and the idea of not RD'ing just sounds fabulous. We usually get the DP but maybe we wouldn't need it. Not sure if there are better CL's that may be less expensive but we are all about walking to HS, our fave park (tied with AK).

Any input would be appreciated!

I would choose CL over the DDP. I've stayed at all but 2 CLs (AKL & BC) and they are all great in their own way. With that said, BWI CL was amazing! The food offerings were great and the CL CMs were wonderful.

Our first CL trip is in July at the YC. We got free dining, so I am struggling to decide what meals to use our credits for. We really want the convenience of heading to the lounge whenever to eat, but it is hard not accepting the free dining plan as well. I currently have one adr booked for breakfast, and two adrs for a signature restaurant to help use up our TS credits. As far as CS goes, we will probably end up using them at the park or for extra snacks on our check out day.

I love Club Level, don't get me wrong. But, I just don't see the $$ adding up unless you are just planning to stay in your room and eat in the lounge for your whole trip. Even then, I don't see it working out because you would inevitably have to go eat a meal somewhere... YMMV

BWI CL is my FAVORITE CL!! I had to do the caps and exclamation points because it is just that awesome. They do such good food (I made full meals out of it, omg, now I'm hungry), stuff my whole family would eat.....they weren't with me but they would have loved it. I honestly hated to leave, and while I was there I only ate out a couple of times and that was because I was eating at booths at Festival of the Arts, but all my other meals were in the lounge. I even went to go get a BG for ROTR and then walked back and had breakfast, it was just so easy to pop back and have meals and snacks. The staff was also so wonderful, and I just loved everything about it (aside from the garden cottage room, I would definitely get a regular room next time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!