Orange County Stay in Place...Looks like no opening

Before Easter was always highly questionable, to my mind. Too many people who would see the opening as a signal that it's "safe."

Anyone else find it odd that we still have no official word from Disney.
No, they are looking at CA, FL, SC, HI, and all the overseas locations. IMHO, Disney will hold off on all US openings until they can open them all at the same time. HI has put in place a 30 day no visitors lockout; that is until mid-May.

No, they are looking at CA, FL, SC, HI, and all the overseas locations. IMHO, Disney will hold off on all US openings until they can open them all at the same time. HI has put in place a 30 day no visitors lockout; that is until mid-May.

But Orange County, FL has an order that will prevent this that goes into effect tomorrow for 2 weeks,

So, we know they can’t open WDW. That’s what I find odd given that announcement

On the Resorts thread, it’s mentioned that some people with April 1st check in dates have to make final payment today.

So, just not sure why no update...even to address this order.

I've been reading a lot of comments on the boards about this topic - lots of different points of view.

What I don't understand is folks belief that we are just around the corner from it being safe, safe from the virus, safe to travel, safe to go to Disney World, safe period. I don't think it's going to be safe for a while. It's not going to be safe in 2 weeks, or by Easter or even by Memorial Day. It will likely be a couple of months from now (just like in China) before we can have the freedom to travel.

And then we will all have to live with the fact that we could all contract the virus. Without a vaccine we must all be willing to live with this and hope that there is enough medical capacity to handle it. Without a vaccine and so many other people getting the virus that there is some form of herd immunity we are all going to get this thing.

It's not all going to be okay soon.

I understand the power of DIsney World and I wish we could all go there tomorrow. Without functioning hotels, airlines, government permission and a host of other factors Dinsey cannot run their parks. But its just not going to be safe for a while. And Disney is not going to open its parks so that they can become a historical punchline as the greatest vector for virus transmission in the history of history.

I've been reading a lot of comments on the boards about this topic - lots of different points of view.

What I don't understand is folks belief that we are just around the corner from it being safe, safe from the virus, safe to travel, safe to go to Disney World, safe period. I don't think it's going to be safe for a while. It's not going to be safe in 2 weeks, or by Easter or even by Memorial Day. It will likely be a couple of months from now (just like in China) before we can have the freedom to travel.

And then we will all have to live with the fact that we could all contract the virus. Without a vaccine we must all be willing to live with this and hope that there is enough medical capacity to handle it. Without a vaccine and so many other people getting the virus that there is some form of herd immunity we are all going to get this thing.

It's not all going to be okay soon.

I understand the power of DIsney World and I wish we could all go there tomorrow. Without functioning hotels, airlines, government permission and a host of other factors Dinsey cannot run their parks. But its just not going to be safe for a while. And Disney is not going to open its parks so that they can become a historical punchline as the greatest vector for virus transmission in the history of history.

I have done a lot of reading and listening as well but I don’t feel exactly the same way as you do,

We have to respect everyone who chooses to listen to the guidelines put in place by local officials. I live NY...not the city..with a total shut down order but have friends living in FL who are going to work and other than social distancing and the closing of certain places, life is normal,

So, WDW will open when they believe they can do so given the guidelines to be considered safe and I think if some people, like myself, feel comfortable for my health and the health of others, to go, then I think that is okay.

The key is "of others." I see so many people doing the "but I am healthy." You can carry or be asymptomatic for 10-14 days with this, and that makes things more challenging.

The key is "of others." I see so many people doing the "but I am healthy." You can carry or be asymptomatic for 10-14 days with this, and that makes things more challenging.
And that belief ("I'm healthy so no worries") is the main driving force behind the "Stay Home" orders.

Last edited:
More counties in Florida are implementing Stay at Home policies. The governor has asked people from out of state to state out of Florida if they are not here yet. Especially those from NY, NJ and CT. It may be longer than April 19 in the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!