Orange Lake Information Thread

Well FINALLY I am officially booked at Orange Lake in West Village 8/19 - 8/26. The owner I am renting from requested Tennis Villas for me and we shall see. My family is so excited and it seems I am the only one that has the concern about the patio not being screened in. :eek: DH says he feels like I will join in with the family more if I don't have a screened in balcony to sit on when everyone else is out and about around the resort. He knows I won't stay on an open patio by myself because of my fear of insects, so I will have to go along with them to the pool and other activities on the grounds. I know he is hoping the Tennis Villas are full or that they won't let us switch. :rolleyes: :laughing: Anyway, my DD11 printed out an activity schedule already. She has plans to attend and participate in many of the activities. :goodvibes

So now I am excited and I am looking forward to any suggestions, advice and input anyone has to offer a first time visitor to Orange Lake. :cool1:
Yay! You got it within your budget! I am so happy for you! I do hope you get your screened in balcony as I know it MAKES the vacation for you - well the screened balcony and an umbrella drink!

Do you mind sharing who you rented from. I'd like to rent from them also for my
up coming trip . ?

thanks ( I prefer screened in patio's too )

Thru a private owner I found on TUG on the Last Minute Vacation postings. If you post in last minute vacations on TUG, you can only be within so many days of the begining of the rental period and you can't charge more than $700/week for a unit. So, between TUG and Redweek, I seem to get the best deals!!! :cool1:

When we were there in June, we did not encounter any bugs...at least none that were noticeable. The only places with screened in balconies that we physically saw were Tennis Village and the River Island units. We were outside almost all day and late night. Never encountered a mosquito.

We stayed in the West Village in December and it was wonderful. My family had a one bedroom unit and our friends had a two bedroom unit. We could walk to the clubhouse and pool. The pool was great and we enjoyed dining at the pool restaurant. They had lots of poolside games like hula hoop and music trivia. We rented a car, but twice I ubered to the WDW parks. It was around $12 a ride. The store onsite does not carry groceries really. It's more of a sundries shop. You will certainly need to go to Publix. There is a liquor/wine store next to Publix.

I created videos of our rooms.
Two bedroom unit:
One bedroom unit:
Tour of West Village clubhouse and pool area:

We stayed in the West Village in December and it was wonderful. My family had a one bedroom unit and our friends had a two bedroom unit. We could walk to the clubhouse and pool. The pool was great and we enjoyed dining at the pool restaurant. They had lots of poolside games like hula hoop and music trivia. We rented a car, but twice I ubered to the WDW parks. It was around $12 a ride. The store onsite does not carry groceries really. It's more of a sundries shop. You will certainly need to go to Publix. There is a liquor/wine store next to Publix.

I created videos of our rooms.
Two bedroom unit:
One bedroom unit:
Tour of West Village clubhouse and pool area:

Thanks!!! Those are some great videos!! We will be staying in a West Village Unit and I am dreading the open patio but my DH and DD has convinced me to make the best of it. They plan to keep me busy so I won't have time for the patio much. We will see. But thanks for those videos. It gives me a good idea of what to expect. I have to say that Orange Lake always looks so clean and well-kept.

Well this time next week, we will be just waking up at Red Lion Hotel and thinking about where to go for breakfast. After breakfast we plan to head on over to Orange Lake by 10 or 11. Make a last ditch effort and plea to be placed in the Tennis Villas. My DH and DD have asked me to get over my dislike of the unscreened patio. They don't want me to let that ruin my vacation or my perception of Orange Lake. They say they intend to keep me busy and active so I won't have time for the patio anyway. :rolleyes: :laughing:

We arrive in Orlando Friday night and check into Orange Lake Saturday morning. If we are there after breakfast, it will give us plenty of time to get acquainted with the resort. I am sure we will probably have lunch at Breezes or something. DD is taking a friend and has printed the activity schedules, menus and such. I really want to try the grocery delivery but being so close to Super Target, and Publix, and Walmart on 27, I am not sure if it's worth it. But, we will see. :)

By all means do not order groceries. Publix is only a 5-7 minute drive through the resort. You can pick out all that you want instead of paying 2x for it for delivery.

By all means do not order groceries. Publix is only a 5-7 minute drive through the resort. You can pick out all that you want instead of paying 2x for it for delivery.

You are right....its just too close and convenient that I can't justify the cost. I am sure I will end up doing it myself. In fact, let me take a look at this weeks circular to see if it's still in effect when I arrive on Saturday....Nope, looks like this weeks sale ends on Wednesday and new one starts Thursday. Guess I will make my list Thursday night. :rolleyes:

Thanks for helping me keep a level head !!!:laughing:

The way I see it with grocery delivery is looking at the price for beer. They charge $20 for a 12-pack, but I can get a case for $15. Makes the decision very easy.

Although we did not eat at Breezes too much, I do recommend the Jamaican Jerk wings. They were incredible.

The way I see it with grocery delivery is looking at the price for beer. They charge $20 for a 12-pack, but I can get a case for $15. Makes the decision very easy.

Although we did not eat at Breezes too much, I do recommend the Jamaican Jerk wings. They were incredible.

:thumbsup2

Hello

I Just booked a 3 bedroom and waa wondering what village I would probably be in?
Do you find out at check in or is there a way to find out before?
Thanks

What are the check dates for Orange Lake (Friday/Saturday/Sunday?)
If your renting through Orange Lake ot with a points owner you can check in any day. If you rent from a weeks owner you need to check in on the specific day.(Either Fri, Sat or Sun)

So can anyone tell me easiest directions to the parks from here?

Honestly, just use Google Maps. Basically, it is 192 to World Dr. There are some short cuts to get to some of them. You can use the toll rd of 429 to bypass some of the low end/low rent visitor area on 192. Just be ready for it to not be a quick trip. Its not bad for AK, DHS, Epcot. It is about 45 minutes door to gate for MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!