Ordering off the kids menu- Picky teenagers

lindsroc

DIS Veteran
At the table service restaurants, would there be an issue with my teens ordering off the kids menu? A couple of the places we are considering- I know at least one of my kids who still only eats chicken fingers- will want to order off the kids menu. Wolfgang Puck, Cali Grill, Il Mulino... would they be fine with this? I never understand why it would be an issue for a restaurant but just checking. Thank you!

It's not an issue. Some locations may provide a larger, adult portion - for a higher price, of course - but they won't have a problem with anyone ordering from the kids menu.

Steve

Our picky teen still eats off the kids menus mostly too. Never had a problem.

Not a problem at all. The only time it becomes an issue is with dining plan (obviously not applicable right now) or with things like buffets where even if you only eat a kid's portion you are charged the adult price. Honestly I tend to live off appetizers and kids' menu stuff at Disney and no one even looks twice about it.

My kids (14 and 15) ate off the kids menu's while we were there (just a week ago) and had no problems. The only issue was portion size. Flame Tree's chicken leg meal was just one leg and a side. We noticed that the menus on the Disney App aren't very descriptive with how many chicken tenders you get (encountered that over at Caribbean Beach). I tried to get them to share a full portion of something but noooo, why would it be that easy? :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!