• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT, but has anyone been to Camp Snoopy?

cupcake

Mouseketeer
My dh will have some business trips to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area & I was thinking of going along and adding an extra night to check out Camp Snoopy & the Mall of America. I requested their guide for guests with disabilities as I can't really find anything on the web. Any other resources or comments would be great!

From what I can tell, the rides require transferring which is not a problem for me as I have trouble walking/standing for extended periods of time. But as far as the overall mall/Camp Snoopy experience goes, I don't want to go if it's going to be aggravating (e.g., constant crowds in tight quarters) to get around.

Sorry for the non-WDW question, but I couldn't resist posting given the breadth of knowledge and experience everyone here has.

:wave: Cupcake

Not a problem at all.
I can't claim to be an expert. I am not a fan of huge malls and usually only go when my DH drags me there to go Christmas shopping or when it has been cold and grey here for too many days in a row and I feel a need to go someplace with trees and warmth.
If you are planning on going soon, it shouldn't be busy. We Minnesota people are ready to go outside in our shorts and sweatshirts now that it's been in the high 30s for daytime temperature, so not as many of us will be escaping into the mall for wamth ;)
Mall of America is a huge mall, so if you have an ecv, bring it along. They do rent them there, but I could not find any info on their website (there is a link further in my reply with info). The walkways are large and they have elevators pretty much on each wing in the mall (plus the big "anchor" stores have elevators. There is one companion restroom in each wing. I think most of them are labeled "Family Restrooms".
Here's a link to the MOA website. And a link to the Camp Snoopy website. As far as I remember, you do have to transfer for all their rides. Actually, it makes you appreciate WDW (and one price admission) since you purchase a bunch of "point tickets" to use the rides at Camp Snoopy. About 1/2 of the rides are kiddie rides that adults are not allowed on.

Here's a link to a good site with pictures of the mall. It actually is very roomy for getting around in and doesn't feel all that crowded (as long as you avoid the food court at peak meal times).
Here's some more info from ican.com, a disability info site. The one thing I'm pretty sure is out of date is the "Cereal Adventure". I thought I saw a news story about that closing around Christmas time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter