OT - Looking for a promotion code for Great Wolf Lodge, Niagara Falls?

riu girl

DIS Veteran
Does anyone happen to know of a general public promotion code for the Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls? We are considering going in the spring but the price is a little steep.

Thank you

If anyone in your family is a member of any organization call them and see if they have any codes. We use a construction association code (company is a member) and we paid 149.00 for a night in a basic family room. Room is fine as it has two queen beds and a queen pull out, fridge, microwave.

Alternately, keep going on the great wolf web site and plugging away. I found an uncoded 129.00 rate once so they are out there. Note that great wolf has caught on to people sharing codes with others and we got pushed for ID last time when we checked in. Since our organization doesn't have little membership cards this presented a bit of a challenge.

Cheap internet room rates are easiest to find if you want to go mid week. We got a great one for a Sunday check in Monday departure as my wife found out all the school PD days well before the school year and we booked it before everyone else clued in. The hotels have tracking systems that see when action is heating up on certain days and adjusts rates accordingly (basically same as the airlines who do it almost by the minute)

Last word of advice, the food is expensive. Take drinks and snacks for your room. You are not allowed to take outside food in to the waterpark (nudge, nudge!) and there is really nothing within walking distance of the park. Going downtown just puts you in over price tourist traps with huge parking charges. Go out Lundy's lane and you can find the fast food joints

You forgot to mention that it also sucks.

You've got that right, although we found the buffet breakfast to be good.

I signed up for the Great Wolf Lodge newsletter on their site and get the odd code - I think two since it opened! But it is usually just a heads up that there is a new special and it will also be available on the site. So keep checking.

When we were there I saw many tables in the waterpark covered with "outside" food - crackers, cheese, snacks, etc. If we were to go back that's what I'd be doing.

Does anyone happen to know of a general public promotion code for the Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls? We are considering going in the spring but the price is a little steep.

Thank you

Try nlocal, for 4 people it's $129.

Thanks everyone for the info.

Cabmom: I tried the nlocal code (I tried it as corporate as well as promo) and it did not work. I then called the resort direct as well as the 1-800 and was told that often it works (when they have a lot of extra rooms to fill). I will be in the Niagara Falls area at a certain time, therefore, can't play with dates. Looking for one specific date.

In anyones honest opinion, do you think that $199 for a Saturday night is not too bad? The reservationists I spoke to at the hotel as well as the 1-800 # felt that $199 for a Saturday night was a great rate and that it will just go up as the hotel books up. I am wondering if I should simply book at this rate???

Any thoughts??

For a specific Saturday night in Niagara Falls that is probably the best you are going to pay. Is it a good deal......? I would not stay at GWL at that price but I am cheap and only go when I find a deal.

The cheapest rate I have seen is the 129 someone else mentioned.

We typically grab rooms at 149.00 but that has NEVER been a Friday or Saturday or a major holiday. Always Sundays or midweek.

If you can put it off I would wait for a better price.

Take food for the room and bring snacks to the seating areas if needed. Go off site for meals due to cost and quality.

Bottom line is your kids will get two full days of waterpark for the cost of the room. Day of arrival get your wrist band and change in the park and use a locker. That evening the volume in the park will drop as kids go to bed so if yours are older they can go nuts after 7-8 pm. Next day hit the park but take your change of clothes down and put it in a locker first thing when it opens. You can then check out at the last minute and move stuff to the car while everyone else stays in the park. When its time to go they simply do the same thing using the clothes you stashed when it opened.

For us, GWL is good for 1-2 visits per year at the 149 price range.

Good luck

Hi. We are thinking about going on Feb 1st for a night, then today I was talking with a friend. She said that she was at CAA last night and it was mentioned about getting a room for $129.00 a night. I better look into that one, can't pass that deal.

You will not get GWL for $129 on a Saturday night. I think $199 is a good rate, although you might want to at least ask if they will include the buffet breakfast in that price (they have given it to us twice with very little coaxing).

I personally think a nice hotel, and a waterpark for 2 days, is worth $199 anyways. I'd book it - my kids DD8 and DD11 love it there!!

But definately take lots of snacks - you have a good size fridge and microwave in the room. We took food and drink in the waterpark all 5 times we have gone and noone says a thing!

You will need water in the waterpark - I find the kids get this wierd cough after they are in there an hour or so........

I also think $199 is a good rate for a weekend. I paid $249 or $269 which included buffet breakfast for 4 and t-shirts for the kids to colour. I'm thinking the $129 must be for a night during the week.

You will need water in the waterpark - I find the kids get this wierd cough after they are in there an hour or so........

Same thing happened to me ..... I went into a horrible coughing fit, felt like I inhaled a couple lung fulls of chemicals! Must be the chlorine (although has never happened to me at any other public pool) or other chemicals they use :scared1:

You will not get GWL for $129 on a Saturday night. I think $199 is a good rate, although you might want to at least ask if they will include the buffet breakfast in that price (they have given it to us twice with very little coaxing).

How did you manage to book the GWL and get the free breakfast? Was it through the reosrt directly or the 1-800 #?

Details please......:goodvibes
Thank you

1) I think $199 for a sat nite is good
2) I have seen lots of people with outside food in the park. The staff (lifeguards) do not stop you. The security guard at the front might-so I wouldn't try to bring in a cooler, but snacks in a backpack definately
3) If TGM were to publish touring plans for GWL it would probably tell you that between 1pm and 4 pm are the busiest times at the waterpark and that the first and last 90 minutes of the day are the slowest.

I got the free breakfast when I checxked in at the front desk. I have to be honest, I said that I understood there was a promo code with the free breakfast on it and they searched and searched and finally said ok. But I didn't have to get nasty or anything!

The 1-800 staff don't offer anything special - you must negotiate directly with the staff at GWL Niagara.

Hi again. I just phoned our CAA and they said they were booked up until after March break. They had rooms for $116'00. WOW, if I only knew.:confused3

NSUITE promo code got me $159 for next Sunday night in a king room with sofa bed and whirlpool in the room plus a fireplace! Sandra

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter