(OT) The Long, Long Trailer

CottontailCurl

DIS Veteran
I don't know if any of you have ever heard of this movie, but if you're into camping (especially rv'ing) you might like to watch it. I'm a Lucy fanatic, she's the actor of the month on TCM and tomorrow night is all Lucille Ball all the time. This movie was on our list of movies to watch before our last trip to FW (mostly Disney movies, a few Disney camping shorts - you know, Goofy climbing out of the tow vehicle to eat in the trailer as he's driving up the mountain, etc). We also watched RV with Robin Williams (disappointed in it, I think they could have done so much more).
Back to The Long, Long Trailer. You might get a chuckle and be reminded of the first time you went out with your RV when you watch it. One thing I thought was interesting was seeing the RV Park attendants park and set up RVs for their guests when they got to the campgrounds. Anyone in favor of them bringing back that practice?

Editing to say that I was wrong about TCM's schedule; I found out recently that Lucy is the Actress of the month, I went to their web page to find out tomorrow's movies, read the schedule wrong, The Long Long Trailer (and her other movies with Desi) were the first Wednesday. I only have one thing to say about that:
4485Crying_Lucy1.jpg

:goodvibes That is a cute movie! I've probably seen it 20 times, but always watch it again!

I always laugh when I see the part where he's trying to back up and everyone is directing him (haven't we all been there?) and when she stays in the trailer to make dinner while he's driving, and it's sooooo rough that everything goes all over the place. :teeth: Oh, and when she saves rocks from all the places they've been - my DH would tell you that sounds like something I would do! :rotfl:

Originally Posted by Seahunt
That is a cute movie! I've probably seen it 20 times, but always watch it again!

*Me too! I might as well break down and buy it, I like it so much.

I always laugh when I see the part where he's trying to back up and everyone is directing him (haven't we all been there?)

*I know, he was doing so well until he started listening to everyone!

and when she stays in the trailer to make dinner while he's driving, and it's sooooo rough that everything goes all over the place. Oh, and when she saves rocks from all the places they've been - my DH would tell you that sounds like something I would do!

*All good stuff, alright, it's going on my Christmas Wish List!

CottontailCurl said:
*All good stuff, alright, it's going on my Christmas Wish List!
I, too, have seen it a few times. It is popular on the Airstream Forums I post on, I don't know, but from what I understand it is difficult to find but is available on DVD if you can find it.

You may have to tell Santa to look on e-bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter