Other Canadian Cancer Story

Continuing to think of you and pray for you as you go along. I'm so glad to hear that Mike is gaining some strength and finished a full day of work. That's awesome! Keep taking care of you, too.

Hope your DH continues to do well on the medication. Sending prayers to you and your family.

Excitedfamily, I'm sorry, I don't know how I missed your thread. I'm happy to hear your husband is feeling a bit stronger. I hope the next test results show the hoped for improvements. Prayers to your family.

Mike, I'm sorry that you are now facing this horrible disease too. All positive thoughts & prayers for you as you fight this.

Excited, glad he is feeling a bit better.

Continued prayers for all of you.

I've been out of touch for awhile but I looked for your thread and Rodeo's first thing this morning. I am SO PLEASED to hear of your husband's improvements! I'll keep you in my thoughts.

We haven't heard anything in a while and I am praying that no news is good news and your DH is continuing to improve.

Thanks for the continued support. I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted. Mike has been taking his targeted therapy for almost 6 weeks now. He feels so much better and is very optimistic about the future. It all just seems so surreal to me though. He had a CT scan 2 days after he started the pill to use as a baseline to compare all future scans. The next one isn't until July 20th. However, we only just got the results of the early May scan and it was bad. Since his first scan in March the cancer had spread a lot. There were more tumors on his liver, more bones were affected, and it had spread to his right lung. There was also something where his liver is connected to his stomach and in his peritoneum. He also had fluid around his aorta. His lymph nodes were a disaster.

This all makes sense based on how he felt before starting the pill and we do know that there has been an improvement from taking it. The lymph nodes in his collar bone area had grown so much that you could see 2 sausage like bumps without having to feel for anything. About 3 weeks after he started the pill we notice that we couldn't find the nodes any more. So that is a huge improvement. I just wish we knew what was going on inside where we can't see.

While he feels great and is working with no problem, he is still not doing much else. He is handling the side effects of the pill really well but has a funky rash over most of his torso, which is supposed to mean that the pill is working?? His voice is still gravelly and it sounds really bad when he coughs. The radiation oncologist told him that the loss of his voice should not be from the radiation he had and was probably from something pressing on his vocal nerves. He also is unable to gain weight despite eating like a pig! I really wish he could have the scan sooner. It all just seems like we are pretending that everything is ok right now. I just have an uneasy feeling about the whole thing. I know what is coming but I don't know when. I will update when I know more.

Thank you so much for all of the support!

Thank you for coming back and updating us. Every time I log onto the DIS, I look for your thread. I'm glad your husband is feeling better, but am so sad looking at the entire situation.

God Bless you & your family...

Sending continued prayers for Mike and you and your family. :hug:

I've just read the whole thread, sending you love and strength from Surrey BC during this difficult/confusing/heartbreaking time.

About 3 weeks after he started the pill we notice that we couldn't find the nodes any more. So that is a huge improvement.

Thanks for updating. This improvement sounds like great news!

Sorry about the wait for tests, though. The worry stage is so hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter