Ottawa

tricia

<font color=CC66CC>Goes to show you that even lurk
Hello, my DH, DS 6, DS 2 and I are planning a quick trip to Ottawa to visit my brother this summer. I was looking for fun things to do with the kids. Any ideas? Is there a waterpark in or around Ottawa? Also looking for a place to stay. Preferably one with a nice pool. Do you see a theme? My kids love water.

Here is a link for a hotel.
http://www.the.travelodge.com/ottawa11311
I do not know anyone who has stayed there but they keep advertising their indoor water park that was supposed to be opening last month. Looks like fun.
There is also a water park called Mount Cascade that is located in Quebec. It is the closest water park to Ottawa (I think). It is about 1/2 hour from downtown Ottawa.

Tricia,

There is a wave pool in Kanata that you may want to try. Mont Cascades is the popular one. They have a website.
Laronde is supposed to be an amusement park on the Quebec side as well. Its part of the Six Flags Amusement Parks. Their website is Laronde.com.

There are a lot of museums for kids. Our favourite is the Children's Museum. Its very interactive. Part of it is indoors and part is outdoors. It's hard to get my kids out of there. This museum in in the Museum of Civilization so admission includes both museums. It is half price on sundays.

Also, if you call the capital infocentre, there is a brochure out called Fun things for Kids to do. It has a good list of activities for kids in Ottawa and the surrounding area. I think there was also one that is called 101 things to do with kids....something like that.

You could also try a riding lesson or one day riding camp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter