OTUP will wait list pick up one time use point reservation?

MOM POPPINS

<font color=red>I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) wh
I made a reservation by buying one time use point that I purchased through member services. We now need a different night for the same amount of points. I am now wait listed for the new date. Will the wait list pick up a room that was bought using one time use points? Should I cancel the date I don't need even though it was bought with one time use points? I don't know how to make this work. Thanks!

First, you need to cancel the night you do not need to free up the OTU points. If the waitlist is filled, the system *should* pick up the OTU points first in making the waitlisted reservation, if it is filled. The system uses the most restricted points first.

Keep in mind that OTU points can only be used for reservations in the 7 month booking window... they cannot be used for home booking priority for 7-11 months. Also, keep in mind that OTU points cannot be banked, borrowed, or transferred.

Did you waitlist with the option to replace a current reservation? If you did when they replace the reservation they should use the point associated with that reservation.

Did you use the OTUP as part of a larger reservation? If that is the case call MS and have them remove the day. They will keep the OTUP points as part of the current reservation.

It is only a one night reservation not attached to the larger reservation. Thanks for both of your help. It seems either way the waitlist should either match it and replace it as I requested or I can just cancel the reservation not needed and the waitlist should pick it up. The waitlisted room is for May 20th 2 bedroom Boardwalk Standard View. I put in the Waitlist yesterday the very first day I could. I was able to get the 6 nights this morning May 21-27th. but I need that first night of May 20th as well. Hopefully I will get the waitlist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!