Our 10 day whirlwind vacation (6/5-6/14)!

SquirrelsMom

Disney Fan
Cast: Disney Brother (DB) 40, Disney Daughter (DD) 13 and myself (DD’s mom) 41

I would like to thank all of the knowledgeable people on these boards. I planned this vacation for over a year. I didn’t post a lot of questions on these boards; but, I visited almost everyday and learned tons of valuable information. As you read my trip report I try to point out where I received valuable information from these boards. THANKS EVERYONE!

Day 1: See WDW Trip Reports

Day 2: Checked out of the BC. Happy Limo picked us up in a strech limo and we headed to Port Canaveral, for a 3 day cruise (our first), with a grocery stop on the way. My DB wanted to pick up some squirt cheese to use when we went snorkeling (we learned about the squirt cheese from these boards.) They didn’t have any at the first place we stopped so our driver stopped at another store (I thought that was really nice). We arrived at the port by noon. Check-in and boarding went very quickly. We headed to Deck 9 and enjoyed the buffet. We went to our rooms and shortly our bags arrived. We were able to get unpacked and settled before the Sail Away Party. The Sail Away Party was fun; but, I think younger kids enjoyed it much more than my teen daughter. After the Party, we went to the Hercules show. We all enjoyed the show. (When we returned home my daughter wanted to watch the movie again.) We ended the evening with dinner at Parrot Cay. My only complaint for the whole day was that I was wearing the patch and one of the side effects is a dry mouth. I couldn’t get enough to drink, my mouth was soooo dry.

Day 3: Arrived in Nassau. We headed into Nassau to shop at the straw market. We all agreed that this was our least favorite part of our entire vacation. The straw market was hot, the aisle’s too close together, and all the aisle’s had basically the same thing. We returned to the ship for lunch. We got the chicken strips that everyone on this site raves about. I agree, they were very good. We left the ship to catch a taxi to take us to Paradise Island Terminal for our Dolphin Swim. We didn’t take the ferry because of several posts I had read on these boards. We started to get nervous about taking the taxi because they were trying to fill the van before we left. We were beginning to think we wouldn’t make it in time; but, we finally left and were at the terminal in plenty of time. As my DD would say, the Dolphin Swim was AWESOME! My favorite picture from the entire trip is of my DD being kissed by the dolphin. Second favorite is of the dolphin leaping over the three of us. Our biggest scare was when the boat arrived to take everyone back. My DB had ordered a picture magnet and it wasn’t ready. We were afraid we were going to miss the boat. DD and I went to the boat and stood beside it, hoping we could convince them not to leave without him. Eventually, he made it to the boat and we headed back. I followed the instructions on these boards and did not get off at the terminal and sure enough, the boat took us back to our cruise ship. We attended that nights show which had a comedian which was very funny. Dinner was at Triton’s. I tried escargot for the first time and thought it was OK. The duck was good, DB didn’t care for the sea bass. Afterwards, DB headed to the hot tub, DD and I shopped for souvenirs, then called it a night.

Day 4: We arrived at Castaway Cay. Following instructions we found on these boards, we ate an early breakfast and my DB got in line to disembark the ship. His job was to get us a good spot with shade and chairs. My DD and I were to stop and pick up our snorkel equipment and floats. DB was able to get us a fantastic spot at the very end of the family beach. Following the advice on these boards we immediately went snorkeling (this was excellent advice because later in the day the water wasn’t as clear). DD and I saw a huge fish, the lifeguard thought is was probably a grouper. DD and I had trouble with our masks leaking; but, were able to manage. DB pulled out the squirt cheese and he and DD were immediately surrounded by fish. The lifeguard told my DB that it probably wasn’t a good idea to be using the squirt cheese because all the fish could attract barracuda’s. Needless to say, my DB put the squirt cheese away. At 11:00 DD and I went parasailing. It was our first time and we really really enjoyed it. DD wants to do it again some day. The lunch on the island was very good. We also did the Banana Boat ride which was a disappointment after the parasailing. We stayed on the beach until they started calling for everyone to return to the ship. We cleaned up and attended the Disney Dreams show which, by far, was the best show we had seen. (Everyone on these boards said this show was not to be missed and I agree.) We had dinner at Animator’s Palette. It was our favorite restaurant. DD spent the whole meal watching all the pictures change. By this time we were beat and called it a night.

Day 5: See Universal Studios Trip Reports

Day 6: See Universal Studios Trip Reports

Day 7: See WDW Trip Reports

Day 8: See WDW Trip Reports

Day 9: See WDW Trip Reports

Day 10: See WDW Trip Reports

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter