Our 1st ever kid-free WDW trip PTR

Here we are again! LOL.

park hours.jpg

I got an email from Touring Plans this evening. Disney extended the park hours for MK on Saturday 1/23. Instead of closing at 7 pm, now they're closing at 9 pm! AH!!! We have a park reservation at Epcot for Saturday, so we'll still start at Epcot and will play it by ear. DH will get to decide whether we hop to MK at the end of the night or Sklyliner it back to Pop. I kind of hope that they also extend the Sunday park hours at MK, too.

I changed some ADRs. :rotfl2: This has reached the point of becoming comical. Hear me out. Haha!

On our departure day, our flight leaves at 5:30 pm. That means that DME picks us up at 2:30 pm. Which, in turn, means that we probably need to leave MK no later than 1:30 pm in order to allow enough bus travel time to get back to Pop Century & retrieve our luggage.

I had an ADR at Skipper Canteen that day for ~ 12:00 pm. Then I changed it to 11:30 am. But I know that DH will probably want to ride something like POTC one last time before we leave the park, so spending an hour in a TS restaurant doesn't make good sense midday on departure day.

So I cancelled the lunch at Skipper Canteen on departure day and, instead, booked The Wave for breakfast that same day at 8:00 am.

And on Sunday 1/24, I cancelled The Wave at 12:45 pm and replaced it with Skipper Canteen at that same time slot. I think that this will work out a lot better.

Reactions: DLo

Your plans sound great! Think they'll change hours again before you leave?? :rotfl2:

LOL! There's probably a chance of that happening! HAHAHA! I'm pretty happy with our ADRs at this point. One thing I found interesting, though, was compared to pre-COVID, this time it's been really easy to move things around. The only place that's impossible to find an ADR at right now is CA Grill.

I am going to declare an early victory right now on this trip. DH just said that he's really looking forward to our trip! This is coming from a guy who complains every time we go on a Disney trip. HE'S LOOKING FORWARD TO GOING TO WDW! YAY!

Why is he looking forward to it? Because he REALLY needs a vacation and really wants to get away and unplug. :woohoo:

We are only a few days away now from go time! YAY! pixiedust:The weather is going to be really great next week in Orlando. Hardly a drop of rain at all! It's enough to make me think that I can probably leave 1 of the travel umbrellas at home. That'll leave more room for souvenirs. Haha! Here at home, we're having rain all week, which is fine with me since we live in the desert and have hardly had a drop of the wet stuff for months. I just need to remember to turn off the irrigation system later today.

I'm glad that we're going to Epcot on our arrival day because I want to check out artist Dave Avanzino's booth at the art festival. He makes these really great pieces of art that are kind of like paper sculptures in a picture frame. I'm hoping to get something like a "Welcome" sign to hang on the wall right near our front door just after you walk in our front door.

DH also wants to get something Star Wars related to hang in the hallway where we have some of his Star Wars Legos displayed on a shelf.

I also saw a report on another website that back in December, Mouse Gears at Epcot had these Mickey & Minnie People Mover toys. I'd love to bring home 1 of those!

A friend of mine at work is at WDW this week. She used the ROTR boarding group tips that I'd read about here on Dis Boards and got a boarding group earlier this week! That's pretty exciting. I'm hoping that the odds will be in our favor next Monday when we go to HS!

** Edited to add **
I do want to try Primo Piatto at the Riviera at some point on our trip. Maybe we can fit that in. Maybe we'll stop there for an early dinner as we ride the Skyliner from Pop to Epcot on our arrival day. We'll basically be snacking off and on earlier in the day since the airlines really aren't serving food right now and we won't have enough time when changing planes to get something to eat in the airport. So it's a good thing that I'm packing snacks! DH is definitely going to be a hungry bear by the time we get to Pop.

I was really hoping to get DH on one of those boats you can rent from CR, but the WDW website says that all of that is still unavailable. Darn it. We could rent a canoe, though, at Fort Wilderness. Maybe on Tuesday? Tuesday is an Epcot day, but our ADR at Biergarten isn't until 1:30. We could do the canoe thing in the morning before heading to Epcot.

Looks like the weather forecast for Lake Buena Vista, FL next week went up by a few degrees for next Mon & Tues! It's supposed to be a high of 82 on both of those days. DH is going to throw in a pair of shorts just in case.

It's a good thing that I double checked the stuff I have packed already in my luggage because I accidentally packed 2 pairs of PJ shorts. Doh! That was unnecessary.

On Mon & Tues of next week, the high is going to be in the 82-83 range. Not much rain. We're still bringing 2 travel umbrellas anyway along with 1 poncho per person. I think that Mon & Tues will be warm enough that we only need a light sweatshirt or jacket. I'm planning on getting a new Disney sweatshirt while I'm there so it's handy having extra room in the suitcase to bring that home!

Guess what? I CHANGED AN ADR! :rotfl2: And in other news, water is wet.

But there's a good reason...I changed it because I got a last minute ADR at California Grill for dinner this Sunday at 5:10 pm. A couple of days ago, there was nothing available when I looked. Zippo. Nada.

So I cancelled Skipper Canteen for lunch on Sunday. We'll take the boat to Wilderness Lodge instead and will eat QS at Geyser Point. And we'll have an early dinner at CA Grill...with enough time to sneak back into the MK before the park closes so we can go on POTC one more time.

DH is going to complain about the cost of the food at CA Grill. But I'm keeping this ADR because you only get to celebrate your 25th wedding anniversary once, you know. Living through 25 years of marriage with each other is something worth celebrating with a fancy meal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!