Our 1st Family Vacation to Disney! well, any vacation for that matter!!

npierce25

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone! This is my first PTR, so I am trying my best. We have reservations for April 24th-May 2nd at AKL with a pool view room (keeping fingers crossed for a free upgrade, but also not holding my breath!) My family consists of Me, a 30 year old disney fanatic, DH 31 year old grump who works to hard, and a 3 1/2 princess in training! My husband and I have been together since we were 15, and this will be our 1st vacation ever. I know its hard to beleive, but he works union construction with no vacation time, so we have never really been in the finincial position to afford a vacation. We are going this week because it is my last vacation week before my last semester of nursing school (graduation is June 25 (same as princess's 4th b-day) but we don't want Orlando in June, too busy, too too hot!!!!). Both me and the princess are super excited, the husband, not so much, but he is going along with the flow.
So, we started with a week at pop century with delux dining. I wasnt thrilled with pop, since I have had dreams of AKL ever since they talked about building it. But I booked it so I could get my ADR's which I have too many of now. I can list them later so you all can help me figure out what to drop.
So then I called in and found we had a pin code, so thats when I upgraded to ALk with the 40% discount. I still kept the deluxe dining. Then they came out with the gift card offer, I switched to that and canceled my dining plan, but still have my adr's. I also split up my trip. 5 night MYWP with hoppers for 7 days then 3 more nights with the 40% room rate. So far we will save $700 or so. I am trying to save as much as I can because DH is worried that work will slow down over the winter months.
I will have so much more to post, so I will be back on soon!!!!

Nice to meet everyone!

Here are the ADR's we have

Sat: (arrival day)Hoop Dee Doo
Sun: Boma Breakfast
Tony Town Square Dinner
Mon: Ohana Breakfast
Kuzzina Dinner
Tue: Princess Storybook Breakfast
Poly Luau Dinner
Wens:Play N Dine Lunch
Yack and Yeti Dinner
Thurs: Donalds Safari Breakfast
Teppen Endo Dinner
Fri: Crystal Palace Breakfast
Happily Ever After Dinner
Sat: Cinderella's Lunch
Chip N Dale Harvest Feast Dinner
Sun: (departure Day) Chef Mickey's Breakfast

The ones in Red are ones I am thinking about canceling since we no longer have dining, and the ones in Purple are ones I would really like to keep. I am thinking about getting the normal dining plan, and using that. let me know what you think.

Congratulations on your vacation, you must be so thrilled. Do did you get the pin code? What exactly is that?

We are going in February, and are very excited. My princess is 15 though.

our ADRs are on the recommendation of a few different people and CM's.
Chef Mickey
Character dining at Crystal Palace
Coral Reef (DD choice)
Ohana
Boma
Mama's Melrose with reserved seating for fantasmic
We currently have cindrella character dining, but am going to change for Teppen's at Japan WS.

Have fun, hope this might have helped a little.

So DH's job ended today. work is slow now because of the weather. not much new constricton in january in pittsburgh...... So, the worse part of this all..... he wants to cancel our trip.................. im devistated and refuse to do it. Our current compromise is if we dont need to tap into the vacation account by the time we have to pay it off, and if work comes soon, we MIGHT not have to cancel. say a prayer cross your fingers for me, anything will help.:confused3:confused::eek::headache::sad1::sad2::sad1::scared::sad::sad::sad::worried::(

Hope you don't have to cancel. We had to for 2009 but maybe, just maybe we can go in 2011.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter