• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our complaints on CLUB BUZZ

being-dragged-to-DL

You can have Johnny Depp... I want Jack Sparrow!
I wanted to post a seperate blurb about this. I just came away so dissapointed in this one area of our trip. We went to Club Buzz twice. Once during the day to see BUZZ himself. We got there and they were announcing that he would be out in 5 minutes. 10 minutes later, they say it again, 5 minutes. 10 minutes later they announce he'll be out "any minute". another 15 minutes goes by... all the while my kids are listening to loud loud LOUD music and watching the DJ's dance together. I am not a stuffy prude by any stretch of the term, believe me! But, I personally could wait for my 4 and 6 yr olds to see the hips grinding of two DJ's and the butt bumping and tongues twisting at each other. I wasnt happy. Finally, Buzz comes out after I swear more than half an hour of "here he comes" calls. Then, BUZZ joins the dancing, and doesnt pay one bit of attention to any kids... just the two DJ dancers and him and dancing. Kids seem to get pushed to side. All the little faces are standing around pushing their autograph books at buzz, and he turns and dances away. We finally took our kids and left. My poor son never got to see Buzz up close, and that was his fave guy. Couple of days later we try eating there in the quiet right after the parade (at night) I couldnt believe the servers attitudes. They tried to give me a kids meal that I had seen on the rack when I walked up, and I had stood in line 10 minutes. I didnt want an old meal for my kids,a nd told them so. They got angry and threw it in the garabge (which in my opinion, was where it belonged after sitting so long.) Once we got our food, it was really bad. It went to the trash can. We had hot fudge sundaes for dinner that night instead. I wont go back to this one area of the park. It certainly is not oike the rest of the park.

Oh my gosh, how awful!!! My reaction would have been exactly the same as yours to the dancing, Buzz ignoring the kids, and later the poor food service. Did you complain to Disney? I think you should. If they aren't aware of how the guests are being treated so poorly, they can't do anything about it. And not that rude servers don't exist elsewhere, but for the characters to ignore the kids who are the very reason their job exists just burns me!

That's so disappointing! I have 4 boys and that was on our list of must-do's, but now I think we'd better avoid it. My 6yo especially would be upset if Buzz ignored him. I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience, but thanks for letting us know.

The last time we went there was in Mar 2004 when they still had the Buzz light year show, where all the kids became honorary space cadets. The kids had a blast with the interactive show. We didn't bother with Club Buzz last year since there was no show. I'm sorry you had such a poor experience with getting autographs. That's just terrible saying Buzz will be out in another 5 minutes and then in another 5 minutes and so forth. We didn't bother eating there last year as well. There were too many other restuarnats we hadn't tried yet. We'll probably bypass it again this coming trip.

Oh boy, I would have been upset about having to wait so long too. They definitely should have been more straight forward about the situation.

We went there for breakfast a couple weeks ago. There was no show or Buzz, but we thought the breakfast was delicious! I would actually make it a point to go back for that. Thanks for the warning not to go at show time. ;)

Is this the only place to meet Buzz? How disappointing! The dancing sounds very inappropriate. I would have been upset as well. You should let them know.

Its not the only place to see Buzz...he is by his ride sometimes too.

That is horrible! I would have been outraged. I am usually the first one to complain if something is not right (which my dh doesn't like). I'm glad you asked for a new meal for your ds. I can't believe they were rude about it! Jeez. Thank you for posting this. Also, that is terrible that Buzz wouldn't even interact with the kids. That is alot of the kid's dreams- getting Buzzlightyears autograph. UGH.

How disapointing that must have been for your kids. I wouldnt have been happy either, esspecially since were park comandos and keep to a schedule when were doing rides. We went in Aug 2004 when they did the show and it was great, the boys still love their picture with Buzz the best. I also agree with you on the food, for the prices we pay we shouldnt be treated poorly for expecting it to be fresh.

If you didnt already, it wouldnt hurt to write a letter to disney. They seem to really try hard to make things great for the kids and might not be aware of how one little section of the park is running.

being-dragged-to-DL said:
tongues twisting at each other.

I'm a little confused. What is "tongues twising"??? :confused3

I do agree if they were grinding on each other in front of small children, that you should have went to City Hall to complain.

We haven't tried to meet Buzz since they ended the Club Buzz show. It was a more organized way to meet Buzz. You watched the show and after everyone formed a line to meet Buzz.

P.S. My family also enjoys the breakfast at Club Buzz, and we rarely eat there any other time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter