Our Fantasy Caribbean Wedding - Pre Trip Report

ErinKathryn

Earning My Ears
Hi DISboards!

My name is Erin, and I have been stalking the Disney Cruise Line Forum since 2011. That was in preparation for my first cruise to the Bahamas on the Disney Dream. After that vacation, I knew I wanted to go on another Disney cruise, and one day to have a Disney Cruise wedding. Fast forward to 2017, and I get engaged and realize dreams do come true. I have found there to be a lack of trip reports for wedding cruises, so I wanted to change that. I hope you follow along on my journey and keep reading.

A little background,

I made the decision at the age of 19 to get married on a Disney cruise but had no idea who I would be marrying. That brings us to the characters of this wedding adventure:

Me: I am a full-time Ph.D. student and Disney lover. I grew up in the Cayman Islands and moved to the United States when I was 12 years old. You may ask why I would want to go on a 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise then, but it just reminds me of my childhood and my fiancé has never experienced that.

DP: Nick and I went to college together, but I simply had no interest in dating and ignored pretty much every guy at that time. Fast forward past my master's degree and we met on the dating app Bumble. A year later, we were engaged. Unfortunately, DP is not the biggest Disney fan. We went to the Food and Wine Festival before we were engaged, and he tolerated it. Mostly, he is averse to lines, so Disney is a trying experience that tests his patience. He loves me so much though, that I can look past his less than stellar opinion.

This is us...

e24b9125-bf5c-48ae-a6c3-9e1384078ecb~rt_auto-rs_325.h.jpeg

There were several reasons my DP decided to go along with my dreams of a Disney Cruise wedding. First, we wanted a small event with as limited family as possible. Basically, I wanted to avoid my grandma saying I'm too fat for my wedding dress (I know I am not fat, but no one wants to hear these things no matter their size). Also, we were amazed by the price of the wedding. Despite wanting a small event, we wanted something more than getting married at the courthouse (although we did entertain that idea). In case you did not know, the price of a wedding onboard (there is the more expensive option of Castaway Cay) is $3,000 plus cruise fare. My DP is very cheap, so he was more than happy to indulge me.

That being said, these family members will be in attendance:

DM: My mother Gina, who lives in the Caribbean after becoming an empty nester.

DB: My brother Adam, who is much younger than me and is a sophomore in college.

DF: My father Kevin, who also lives in the Caribbean. It is important to note that he tried to persuade to have the wedding at Sandals or Norweigan Cruise Lines. :scared:

MIL: My amazing mother-in-law Maria, we lost Nick's father not too long before the engagement.

BIL: At this time, my brother-in-law Beau will also be attending. He is not too thrilled about a Disney Cruise though, so one of Maria's quilting friends may be taking his place.

That wraps up our cast of characters. Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more of the planning process.

Last edited:
Congrats on your engagement! Looking forward to reading more of your planning process!

So Exciting! I can't wait to read all about it. I had considered a Disney wedding, but with the amount of guests we were inviting it wasn't really practical so we did it at Disney. When are you getting married?

We did the whole destination-wedding-to-limit-the-guestlist thing too. It worked well. ;) Congratulations and Best Wishes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!