Our fifth cruise - in which we will have many adventures in Europe

anricat

DIS Veteran
We are getting geared up for our fifth Disney Cruise. The cast of characters: Summer (me), Roger (DH), and Emmaline (DD - will be just shy of 10 when we sail).

This will be our third cruise on the Magic. We've done two 5-nights on the Magic, a 3-night on the Dream and a 7-night on the Wonder (to Alaska). Previous trip reports can be found in my signature. You can bet on a nice long trip report for this one when we get back!

Our itinerary:

Tuesday June 12 - Austin
We depart Austin, TX on a non-stop flight to London (Gatwick) on Norwegian Airlines.

Wednesday June 13 - London
Arrive in London at 7:25 AM. Make our way to our hotel near Victoria Station to drop our bags and then try to stay awake and do some sightseeing until we can check in and take a nap.

Thursday June 14 - London
More sightseeing in London and then we'll take a train in the afternoon back to Gatwick for our flight to Barcelona. It will be later when we get in so we'll head right to our hotel and get to bed.

Friday June 15 - Barcelona
In the morning we plan to visit Sagrada Familia, then in the afternoon we might try to taste some local foods, wines and other specialties (churros!). We might head to Montjuic and ride the cable car and visit the castle.

Saturday June 16 - Barcelona (Embarkation Day)
In the morning we have a tour booked with Barcelona Day Tours. They will pick us and our luggage up at the hotel and they will take us on a Barcelona highlights tour with a stop at Park Guell. Then they will drop us off at the port at 1:30. Then we get onboard the Disney Magic!!!

Sunday June 17 - Marseille
For Marseille we have a private tour booked. I told our guide that we are interested in sights related to Van Gough (my daughter is a big fan) and that my husband loves wine. He's going to put together an itinerary for me and we'll firm it up in March or April.

Monday June 18 - Villefranche
In the morning we will take the bus to Nice and do some sightseeing around town and enjoy some food and wine. We'll have some lunch and hopefully some tasty treats before we head back to the ship in the afternoon.

Tuesday June 19 - Genoa
I have a private 2.5 hour walking tour booked for the morning with a local tour guide. Then we'll have lunch on our own and explore and shop a bit after lunch and then head back to the ship for the rest of the afternoon.

Wednesday June 20 - Livorno
I have reserved spots for us on Tuscany Bus to take the bus first to Florence where we will have three hours. Having been to Florence before, we're opting to do something we didn't do last time (already did big sights like Duomo, Uffizi, and David) and we are headed to see the Pitti Palace. I actually gave my daughter a bunch of options and this is what she picked. After that, the bus will take us to Pisa where my daughter is eager to climb the leaning tower.

Thursday June 21 - At Sea
Aaaaaahhhh... relaxation. (Or possibly laundry.)

Friday June 22 - Naples
We are booking a private tour that will take us to Pompeii, Hurculaneum and a wine tasting lunch (unless you're a ten year old, then you get grape juice).

Saturday June 23 - Civitavecchia (Disembarkation Day)
Alas, they make us get off the boat. We will board the train for Rome where we will meet up with an ex-pat friend of mine that lives in Geneva. She's never been to Rome (though we have) so it should be a lot of fun to show her around and see how things have changed since we were there (2005). We have booked an AirBnB for us all to stay in together.

Sunday June 24 - Rome
I don't have all our sightseeing for Rome worked out yet. We'll go to the Colosseum again since when we were there you couldn't go in the underground section and that sounds fun.

Monday June 25 - Rome/London/Geneva
At this point, the party splits up. My DH has to get back to work so he's going to fly back to London for another overnight layover. Since we have morning flights, he should have time to visit the Churchill War Rooms or Imperial War Museum. My DD and I will fly back to Geneva with my friend.

Tuesday June 26 - London/Austin/Geneva
My DH flies has a morning flight from London back to Austin. My friend takes me and DD sightseeing in Geneva.

Wednesday June 27 - Geneva/London
DD and I fly from Geneva to London in the morning. In the afternoon, we might stop by the British Library before we head to the Harry Potter Studio Experience in the evening.

Thursday June 28 - London/Austin
DD and I have a 10 AM flight from London Gatwick to Austin. Arriving at 2:05 in the afternoon. Back to reality.

Last edited:
Oooh! It all sounds so awesome and I can't wait to follow along and hear all about it and relieve some great destinations!

Keep up the great work!

Heather :)

I just want to point out how frustrating it is that you are cruising a week after I am. I've always wanted to be on a trip with a Dis board member.

I just want to point out how frustrating it is that you are cruising a week after I am. I've always wanted to be on a trip with a Dis board member.

We looked at that one, but ultimately, we really liked the point to point of this one and we also loved having two French ports plus Genoa is sort of unique stop. We really would have preferred that date - earlier is better for us, but this itinerary was somewhat more unique.

Cruising with a fellow DISer is great! We met @IBelieveInTheMagic in Alaska (her comment is just above) and it was fabulous! We shared an excursion and made great friends with her family.

Oh my gosh, this all sounds so unbelievably amazing!!! I cannot wait to follow along with your European adventures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!