Our First Family Disney Trip… Take Two! - May 2024 PTR (Update 5/20 - Final Checklist)

What grocery items do you put in your cart for Disney World? G and I don’t drink much (G not at all and me rarely) so we skipped alcohol. I plan to get a reusable mug so I shouldn’t need soda – but perhaps it would be handy to have some in the fridge? I have two days to decide before I place my order!
I always put in a 12 pack of soda because at the end of the night I want one, and I REALLY don't want to walk all they way to the quick service area to refill my mug. I am the odd duck that has to have a diet coke before I go to bed because for some reason caffeine calms me (I think I have undiagnosed ADHD). I also always order a pack of Cliff Bars, bag of animal crackers and a case of water, although I think next time I am gonna go with a 1 gallon bottle of water instead (we bring reusable water bottles). We also order some fruit since that is all my kids ever want to eat.....well fruit and french fries. Balance right?

I've enjoyed reading along with your pre-trip report! You've done so much research and planning (too much for most people!) but I can tell you enjoy it! I hope your family appreciates all of that work (and fun work) that went in to planning and prepping! And, I learned a few things reading through your plans too!

I leave on Sunday 5/26, so our times overlap a little. One thing that I was not anticipating (and maybe was a wild card for your plans too) - THIS HEAT. It is markedly going to be changing up some of my pre-planned ideas, and I am prepared to also adjust on the fly when we are there because that heat is going to zap us. I have ALL the cooling items as I'm sure you do too, and planned breaks during the hottest times. I'm sure you are considering that too. With the little ones, it might be a good idea to prepare for a bit extra on the pool and nap time, and maybe even a swim suit into the parks for things like a splash pad in Epcot or MK. It's nice that you have a good amount of ADRs to sit and relax in the cool climate!
Enjoy your trip! Everyone will get feeling better soon I hope and you'll have a great time!

I'm so excited for you! Only 3 more sleeps!

The last days before you leave can be so stressful and exciting. I'm sure your lists and sticky notes will help a lot.

I'm sorry 3 out of 4 are feeling bad. Hopefully this means everyone will be well in Disney. You know, get the sickness over and done with.

As far as food items, I always like to have water, gum (since they don't sell it at Disney and fresh breath is important and bathroom wipes (again more freshness). I have trouble with the airport in New Orleans when I bring baby wipes in my carryon. I get pulled aside and my bag checked over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter