Our first stay at BWV

kathyg

DIS Veteran
We just returned from our three week vacation to Ft. Lauderdale, Universal and a glorious two weeks at Disney. It was our first time in a villa (we rented points from an absolutely fantastic DVC'er). I had requested a first floor 2BR standard by the quiet pool and got a second floor 2BR standard by the quiet pool which turned out to be better than the first floor.

We were in rooms 2135 and 37....at the end of a very, very, very long hallway. This proved to be beneficial for our walk to MGM (less than 10 minutes) but longer to EPCOT. Given the heat of the last few weeks, I would have preferred transportation rather than walking, but the rest of our crew preferred to walk.

We were really happy with the room. There were six of us and the space was just right. The pull out in the living room got high marks for comfort but failed because of a very annoying squeak. The kids ended up putting the mattress on the floor every night.

I was a bit apprehensive about lack of daily housekeeping, but it proved to be a blessing. No guessing when the room would be started or finished. Plus, I was sick the day we were scheduled for our full cleaning and housekeeping was very accomodating of my request to clean the room at the time I went out for an hour.

Washer/dryer was a godsend. It was running practically nonstop. Two deliveries from Garden Grocer were fairly problem free.

My only complaint, besides the long walk to the bus stop, was sharing transportation with Swan/Dolphin. This consistently added at least 20 minutes to all of our trips. Also, the Boardwalk area is always bustling with activity...it is not a quiet, peaceful resort. So if you're looking for constant activity, the Boardwalk is for you.

Lack of a good quick service location is also a negative. Boardwalk Bakery is limited in it's choices for breakfast and lunch and they are not dining plan friendly. It is also not as good as it once was. Beach Club Marketplace isn't too much better.

All in all, the Boardwalk is a beautiful hotel and the 2BR villa was great. The location (along with the YB Club) is probably the best on Disney property for access to two parks and WS restaurants. If you like walking, this will suit you just fine. However, I think next time I will opt for something more sedate and relaxing. I think I might be happy to give up the location in exchange for a more peaceful stay and better quick service options.

you might like BCV or VWL.

that say it is so nice to see a good report on BWV!!!!

thanks!

As a veteren of Boardwalk I'll let you in on a little secret with buses. Granted the buses are usually shared with Swan/Dolphin, but instead of riding all the way around just get off at the Swan and walk thru the lobby or around the side along the canel 7min from stop to lobby. Less if you find the back stairwells and use them at Boardwalk on canel side.

Next quick service, no you are absolutley correct nothing very appealing at the Boardwalk it's self, however, The Dolphin has Chubbies Buffeteria and my personal favorite the New Mediterainian Market which is a fresh, made to order, all you can eat buffet. The Garden Grill/Gulivers at the swan also has excellent alacart and all you can eat buffets and charaters on certain days.

OOOPPPPS..... Tubbies Buffeteria

LOVE MY HOME RESORT.:woohoo:

As a veteren of Boardwalk I'll let you in on a little secret with buses. Granted the buses are usually shared with Swan/Dolphin, but instead of riding all the way around just get off at the Swan and walk thru the lobby or around the side along the canel 7min from stop to lobby. Less if you find the back stairwells and use them at Boardwalk on canel side.

Next quick service, no you are absolutley correct nothing very appealing at the Boardwalk it's self, however, The Dolphin has Chubbies Buffeteria and my personal favorite the New Mediterainian Market which is a fresh, made to order, all you can eat buffet. The Garden Grill/Gulivers at the swan also has excellent alacart and all you can eat buffets and charaters on certain days.

LOVE MY HOME RESORT.:woohoo:

I have to agree. I love my home resort. Once you learn where everything is and the closest ways around getting there (you do not always have to walk through lobby, etc) things go alot quicker and are much shorter. If you were closest to the tennis court side there is plenty of exits that end then just walk across street to bus stop. Also I agree I would with Orelover in that especially if I was on the back side of BW I would get off at Swan/Dolphin and walk around to back side/pool side, canal side (whichever) it was always much quicker. Also depending on mood etc I would just ride boat to EPCOT and MGM. If I am at end of hall closest to Tennis Courts walk to MGM. If I got up early enough and it was nice morning I would also walk to EPCOT because I would stop at BW Bakery for a breakfast bun and drink or coffee and walk to EPCOT. Not so great morning (drizzle, hot, etc) ride boat over. If I have hopper passes or annual passes I would also walk through Epcot and then take monorail over to MK. I loved doing that. To me there is just so many options for transportation, rather than just buses like at OKW (except boat to DTD). I think its much more convenient to many different parks than other resorts.

I could go on forever.

Oh yeah and as for restaurants I also like to go over to Beaches and Cream at Beach Club. You can't forget that.

Well to each his own...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter