Our First Stay at SSR

Amy&Dan

DIS Veteran
We just returned yesterday from 6 nights at Saratoga Springs. We had a two bedroom and brought my parents aged 70 and 80 with us and our two kids (9, 11). It was absolutely wonderful. We checked in last Sunday at 11:30 a.m., I had requested the Springs but they didn't have a two bedroom ready. My parents were tired and we were doing MNSSHP that night so I asked if they had a two bedroom anywhere else, which thankfully they did. We were in the Paddock section, room 5811 (4th Floor, don't remember the building #). When we opened the door it smelled like a brand new house. It was absolutely beautiful. We had a lovely view of one of the lakes and the footbridge. We only had the one balcony since we had a dedicated two bedroom but that was fine. The place was spotless and we are so happy we bought into DVC. I was nervous of course since we plunked down that much money and pay a payment each month but feel it was and is money well spent.

The Paddock turned out to be a real blessing. We were a one minute walk to the quiet pool and bus stop. We were the second bus stop both coming and going and that was great, especially on Sunday the 16th going to MK for MNSSHP. That bus was so crammed and my parents would never have gotten a seat if we had been in the requested Springs section. In fact, our bus had to leave behind probably 10 people at that last stop it was so full.

Our room was so quiet. We could hear the fireworks at PI on the balcony but not inside. Those buildings must be well constructed, we never heard a soul. The quiet pool near our building was wonderful, one evening we had the whole pool to ourselves. I was pleasantly surprised to find out it had a hot tub, my dad totally enjoyed that each day! The walk to the Springs was maybe 7 or 8 minutes and that was at a very slow pace. Bus service was great. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus. Being able to park right at the building was wonderful since we did have my ailing, elderly parents with us.

All in all, we had not one complaint and can't wait to go back in January with my husband's family. I also have to say I will never stress again about what section we get put in. I had worried so much about being in the Paddock area and now I think we will request again for next time!

Thanks for the review - I was there around the same time. I can't believe how quiet it is at SSR, either!! Pretty much the quietest WDW I've had, even though the parks were busy........

Our first trip home is in 2 weeks (YAHOO!!!). I have no idea about the buildings...I just can't wait to get there. DD is 5 and doesn't know...we're thinking of telling her on the ride to the airport! Can't wait to see the mouse. Thanks for the report. :cheer2:

I'm glad you were able to enjoy such a nice vacation with your parents.

Bobbi :flower:

How special that trip must have been for your family!

Thank you, for the positive report on the Paddock section too! I have stayed in the Springs and Congress Park areas but was really hesitant about the Paddocks, but you brought up some good points! We really love SSR and overall that is our top choice so thanks again for taking my stress level down a notch! LOL!

I agree about the quality and build of the Resort too. It is very quiet and well constructed.

Just bought an add on there a few months ago - it's always nice to hear the great trip reports! My DH wasn't as happy with the resort as I was - but we only saw the main pool area and the lobby - I think he'll really like how close it is to DTD and also how nice the rooms are! I'm glad they are making all of the buildings a good place to be instead of having only 1 or 2 out of a huge resort the "best"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter