Our first time without kids...interested in what others have done on their trips

We are ent for a 7 night trip last September. We rode rides, had several lovely dinners, went swimming, partook of the Food & Wine Festival, saw shows, did the after hours at MK and Ak and the Halloween party. We met friends for dinner one night. Did an afternoon of resort visits. Explored at our own pace. We had a wonderful time!

Love this post and taking notes! My husband and I went for our honeymoon almost 24 years ago. Every trip after that included little people in tow. We’re planning our second couples trip immediately following dropping our youngest off at college. It’s still a year and half away but it’s fun thinking about all we’ll do! It seems like a great way to reward ourselves for devoting 23 years to raising children and celebrating the start of a new chapter of “us”!

I spend a lot of time in Epcot. Much more adulting to do there. Plenty of good food and drink and a number of amusements.

Our kids are also out of the house and in graduate school. We have had several amazing trips the last few years to WDW. We have taken numerous WDW tours including: Africa Trek, Behind the Seeds, Bourbon Tasting at Top of the World, Keys to the Kingdom, Marceline to Magic, Meeting with Giants, Swimming with Dolphins, Backstage Magic, UnDiscovered World, the food tour at Magic Kingdom, and a behind the scenes Christmas tour. We thought each and every tour was excellent except the behind the scenes Christmas Tour. The Christmas Tour was good but not excellent. We have also done Dining in the Sky which was excellent. We were in a group of six which was wonderful. We had great fun at Mickey's Barbeque and Hoop tee Doo Musical Review. We probably would not do barbecue and music review a second time but for sure would do once. We have attended Party for the Senses a couple times, the Christmas Party, Halloween Party, New Year's Eve at the Contemporary, as well as dinner at the Chef's Table at Victoria and Alberts. Of these we would not repeat the Christmas and Halloween Parties but are glad we did once. We are looking forward to Party of the Sense (it is amazing) and the New Year's Party (fingers crossed they will have - it is awesome) again in 2021. The Chef's Table was a once in a lifetime. Chef Hunnel is the best!! We have enjoyed a couple of dessert parties that are also fun. We also enjoy fine dining each trip. Throughout the year we cut back on day to day meals out and spending to save our nickels and dimes to pay for all the Disney extras but we love our Disney time so it is worth it!! Our January trip is cancelled but we look forward to trips later this year. Until we have grandchildren our adult trips will continue. Yours in pixi dust.................................. :)

Whatever I want whenever I want. And not having to explore every single bathroom is a bonus!

I did everything (almost) that I did when I had kids in tow. I know that this is surprising to many people out there, but I actually liked WDW better than my kids did on our first trip. I was 35 years old the first time I set foot in DisneyWorld and they had me at World Drive, with the radio that seemed to know where I was and giving me directions without even asking. That's what you get when you have spent most of your life in rural communities. It doesn't take much to impress you. I kept going back because I loved it and my level of excitement when we started making our yearly trips was off the chart. We were on a tight budget so it was always a road trip from Vermont to WDW. I was like a kid in a candy shop.

So anyway I do what I did with them except that it was on my schedule and wasn't interfered with because a little voice starts telling you how tired they are, and how their feet hurt so bad that they can hardly walk, but then would have this miracle recovery once back at the hotel and the pool was in sight. I'm not a drinker except for an occasional social drink, so clubs were not something that I gravitated to so pretty much everything I did was a lot like how it was before. I still loved the rides and now if I wanted to ride something two or three times in a row, no one was going to stop me. The one thing I do miss is having someone with me to share the experience, there are many things that really need two people that share the same interests to experience together.

Doing anything you want at your pace, not having to corral the kids. Enjoy sitting on a bench with popcorn and a beverage. Try that upscale restaurant that you never took the children to. Have an adult beverage--at lunch!! And another one at dinner!!! Living the wild life-- or the mild life. We have enjoyed all of these things, when WE want to do them. Enjoy the different experience, and try not to compare it to your family trips. Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter