Our happily ever after Disneymoon TRIP REPORT - Sept/Oct 2015 (Epcot part 1)

kittykitty87

DIS Veteran
It was a 7:40am get up (better than the previous day) and we were off to Epcot. This is our favourite park so we were so VERY excited about being there again. We were doing Epcot slightly differently this time as we had actually booked Fastpassess...! Yup, after saying we would never do it, we ended up booking them for Mission Space, Test Track and Turtle Talk (which we didn't really want). We also had our very first reservation at The Biergarten, yaaaay!

We caught the Friendship Boat over to Epcot. So nice and easy and really quick. We knew we were close enough to walk to but we didn't know just how close until we made our little boat journey. Whilst on the boat, I decided to get some shots of Boardwalk...

Before we even had time to think, we were docking in World Showcase and ready to head into the park. World Showcase wasn't actually open when we go there so we just stopped at Jofferys and bought a drink and a HUGE doughnut and headed over to Future World to get a view of our favourite sight...

I heart this place so much! We decided to ride this first

then this

Then before we knew it, it was time for our first FastPass...Mission Space...Orange side!!!!

I was dreading it! We had only ever ridden the Green side but Karl was desperate to ride the Orange Side. I however wasn't so keen as I sometimes get a little motion sickness and I had read things about people really struggling with this ride.

We got in the queue, my palms were sweating and Karl was trying to keep me occupied...it wasn't working. When we were stood waiting for the doors to open in to our capsule, I really, really wanted to leave but I knew Karl wouldn't let me and part of me wanted to do it so I wouldn't EVER have to do it again!!!

So, we were locked in our seats and the ride started, we had lift off and I HATED IT!!!!!! The G Force was insane! I could feel my face being pushed back, my body being pushed back and I was frantically trying to reach Karl's hand. I kept my eyes open and on the screen as it advised me to but I kept saying over and over again, "I don't like it, I don't like it". Once it had stopped the pressure lowered I was ok again. I concentrated on my role making sure I pushed buttons when I was supposed to but then the pressure picked up again and I could feel myself shaking in my seat and I had no control over it! Boy was I glad when it was all over! I can honestly say I've never been so scared in my life. Give a rollercoaster any day over this!!! I cried when we came off with relief and Karl gave me the biggest cuddle and a big well done!

After that I needed something a bit more calm so we headed over for a nice little boat journey on Living with the Land and then it was time for out second FastPass...

This was a first for us. I was undergoing renovation last time we came to WDW back in 2012. Karl was chief car designer. He was like a big kid and loved this bit

We loved Test Track. I would say it's one of my favourite rides in the park! It was also REALLY busy so we were glad we had gotten a FastPass for it.

We started to get a little hungry so we were going to head over to World Showcase and get some Food and Wine Festival grub, yuuuum! Before we headed over we made use of our Memory Maker too...

So we were off to World Showcase and trying to decide just how much food we wanted to eat for lunch knowing we were going to Biergarten later on. We love being in World Showcase, for us it sort of feels like 'home'.

It was REALLY humid so obviously I had to have a frozen margarita...

and Karl had a beer...

We also bought our first bit of food (you've gotta love the Food and Wine Festival!)...

Beijing roasted duck in steamed bun with hoisin sauce (amazing!)

We then wandered around and I snapped some more photos...

Next it was Kefta pocket: Ground seasoned beef in a pita pocket

The it was time for a good old pint in our home country...

Continued...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter