Our happily ever after Disneymoon TRIP REPORT - Sept/Oct 2015 (Magic Kingdom)

kittykitty87

DIS Veteran
It was 5:30am and we were supposed to be asleep but the fact that our heads were still on UK time (it being 10:30am) and we were excited about the day ahead, meant we were wide awake watching the hotel TV channel and excitedly discussing the day ahead. We were off to our first park; Magic Kingdom. As our alarm was set for 7:30am, we decided to stay up rather than trying to go back to sleep.

We left the hotel early as we wanted to get there for rope drop. We weren't too worried about seeing the show as we've seen it before and it made me cry like a baby! We just wanted to get there nice and early. We were going to make use of the Disney Transportation and use the bus to get to M.K. This was something new for us as we had never stayed on site before. We stepped outside the hotel and boy was it a humid one! So humid that my camera decided to steam up for a while!

I have to say, the bus was so easy. Didn't have to wait long, nice and quick and drops you pretty much at the entrance. Even though we did have a hire car, we wanted to try and limit the amount we used it so Karl didn't have to drive everywhere. These buses came in handy!

We got to M.K just as the show had started and as I had to wait in bag drop, I missed most of it. That being said, I found myself once again blubbing! I just can't help myself, it always makes me cry tears of happiness. As it was our first park, we had to go and exchange our vouchers for our tickets. Karl also had to do all the talking here as I was too busy trying not to cry!.

We had our tickets, we were hand in hand and we had just entered the M.K. Yaaaay!

I love the decoration at halloween. It's so pretty.

This year, we also purchased the Memory Maker. I LOVE taking photographs when we're on holiday (Karl gets a little annoyed about this!) so having someone else to take key photographs this year was a bonus for me.

Then we saw this beautiful sight...

We also got some lovely photopass pictures too

Before we did anything else, we went to Main Street Bakery and each had a ham and egg croissant to set us up for the day and then we were off. Our first ride of this trip was one of our favourite rides...

It was good to be back! We also had these beauts taken:

After The Haunted Mansion we headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean which unfortunately was closed with technical issues so we headed over to a first for us; Aladdin's Carpets. We've never been on the this before but as there was no queue, we jumped on. Karl really enjoyed this ride as he had control over the movement so of course, he made sure I got soaked! We then did another first;

Yup, these were our first Dole Whips. Now, I actually hate the taste of pineapple but it was that humid I needed something to cool me down so I had one anyway and I have to say, I actually really enjoyed it!

We then went back to see if P.O.T.C was open, (it wasn't) so we headed over to Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain.

We had to wait a while for Splash. Quite a queue on this one and it was outside. Everyone was hot and it was a relief to get soaked on this. When then tried P.O.T.C again (still closed) so headed over to Hall of Presidents to cool down, seeing this guy along the way

I actually though Hall of Presidents was pretty neat. The animatronics were amazing, just the little movements they made like nodding at each other, unbuttoning jackets etc. Once we were done here we decided to get some lunch at Pinocchio's Village Haus. We shared a tostada with some pesto twists and they were really nice. I would recommend eating here if you haven't already.

To let lunch settle a bit we headed over to Mickey's Philharmagic and then to Under the Sea - Journey of The Little Mermaid. This whole area was under construction last time we came so it was amazing to finally see it.

Now, I have to say this, I wasn't overly impressed with this ride. I thought the whole area and the theming were amazing but I honestly thought they could have done a little more with ride. We still enjoyed it though.

Another first was going to be the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train however it was really busy so we thought we would leave that until our second visit to M.K and head to Tomorrowland instead. Our first stop was Tomorrowland Speedway. Last time we went on this I drove and I was horrific. I thoroughly blamed the car we had and was determined to prove this by how great my driving was going to be this time...I was wrong. It seems it's not the cars after all. It IS my awful driving! We bumped all the way around!

We then went on to Space Mountain.

There was about a 30 minute wait for this but it was quite nice as it was cool inside. Last time I went on this ride, I felt sick afterwards. I was a little worried this time too but Karl just kept telling me to keep my eyes open and I would be fine. I tend to shut my eyes sometimes on dark rides and simulator rides, not because I'm scared but because I think it will stop me feeling sick. Well, I kept my eyes open all the way around on this and you know what, I actually felt fine when I came off! This would certainly help me more throughout the trip too!

Next it was a nice chill on the People Mover

Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin

and then Carousel of Progress. I heart this ride SO hard!! I have to ride it at least twice each trip. Love, love, love it! We then decided we would head back to the Mine Train to see if the queue was any better (it wasn't) so we walked back to It's a small World. Karl hates this ride and to be honest, I'm not that keen but we always find ourselves on it nevertheless!

It was a M.N.S.S.H.P night and the park was starting to get pretty busy and the weather looked very gloomy so we decided to head back to the hotel. We did make a quick stop at Casey's Corner and had some Corn Dog Bites (which are amazing by they way!) then we jumped on the bus and the heavens opened...

It absolutely poured down! I felt so sorry for the people that were just entering the park for the Party.
It rained so hard all night...

It rained so hard that we decided to stay in the hotel for dinner and have a special Honeymoon meal in Il Mulino New York Trattoria. We shared a meat platter to start and I have Gnocchi for main and Karl had Parmigiano which was the biggest I had ever seen!! It was a lovely meal, all washed down with a nice bottle of wine. We so wanted to stay up later but decided to give in and go to the room as we were so sleepy. We didn't mind though as we were both excited for our favorite park tomorrow...Epcot!

Up next: Epcot

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter