Our little bit of TO experience

abbyndrewmom

Mouseketeer
We had a great weekend, we stayed at the Westin, it was beautiful. Because I am a Starwood preferred guest they upgraded us to a nice corner room we had a view of Toronto Island and the City. The room was great, the beds were so comfortable with lots of pillows and duvet blankets. Parking was about a block away at a self park lot, it cost $15.00 for one night. We got to the hotel just about 6:30pm on Friday so we were able to get checked in and changed before taking a taxi to the Lion King. On Fridays they have fun activities for the kids (face painting, airbrush tattoos, colouring, music performances free cupcakes and pop) before the show. The show was okay, I thought the WDW version was much better. This one had some great production numbers and the costuming was amazing I just thought some of the cast memeber were a little weak. I personally think Mama Mia is a much stronger production with alot more energy. DD 5 & DS 3 had a wonderful time and were totally amazed by the performance, we had great seats the very centre about 10 rows from the stage.

On Saturday we started out with a light breakfast of bagels from a deli across the street. If you are staying at the Westin, there coffee bar is closed and the main restaurants is not very helpful with takeout orders. i wish we had stopped at Timmy's on the way down and picked up some muffins for the room. After breakfast we went swimming. WE then got ready check out wasn't unitll 12:00pm which was nice. WE walked about a block down from the hotel and there was anice little cafe where we had a little brunch at about 11:30. It was really good I think it was called the coccoberry cafe. Anyway had lots of choices I had crepes with fresh fruit, whip cream, chocolate & maple syrup. After brunch we went to Centre Island, it was very pretty, though a little cool. The kids and I got stuck on one of the Swan boats, something got stuck in the motor and we couldn't get back to the dock so they had to send out the "tow" swan.

After Centre Island we walked up to Front Street to Joe Badali's where we had a nice early dinner. I had the a Caesar Salad, Filet of Sole and Tiramsu it was all good. Dh had the minnestroni soup which was excellent, Sea scallops and pasta and tiramsu, the kids had the chicken and pasta and my MOM and Dad had the grilled lemon chicken which they also said was good. After dinner we walked back to the car and headed home. WE were planning on stopping at Yorkdale to visit the Disney Store but both kids fell asleep as soon as we got in the car so we just went home.

Allison

Sounds like a very nice way to spend a weekend! Your meal recaps are making me hungry!
Grover in Winnipeg
:cool:

Hi there,

We have seen Lion King three times in Toronto... the first two times the show was incredible...

We went again at March Break this year and I found the performance weak, as you said.

Mufasa had a high pitched voice - instead of the deep James Earl Jones kinda voice.. and young Simba sang off key much of the time (different Simba from our previous shows)

Also there did not seem to be as many animals that came up on stage for the big pride rock scene... It was noticibly different this time even my daughter (9) said she thought there were parts missing :confused:

Glad you had a nice weekend in Toronto :D

>>^..^<<

Glad you had a great time. We're going on May 30 to see Mama Mia, staying at the Sheraton Centre and of course dinner at Joe Badali's. Can't wait!

Well I guess we will see you there. As we are also seeing mama mia on the 30th and staying at the Sheraton.

Hey tmli: Did you get your package through Key Tours, or did you buy the Mirvish package? Anyone else going to be there at the same time?

I managed to get the Mirvish package. However I am intriqued by the key tours package, do they have other packages?

Key tours sells many different packages, although I think the TO one that I got is sold out. It actually wasn't as good a deal as the Mirvish one because it didn't include Jays tickets and was $139 instead of $125, but I couldn't get through on the phone lines for the Mirvish package. What row are you guys in for Mama Mia - we are in M on the orchestra level.

We are way back in row v. Do they do wonderland packages as well?

I don't think I've ever seen Key Tours do Wonderland packages. I'd probably check with CAA for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter