'Our Little Prince's First trip' Pre Trip Report

ShimmerTinks

Mouseketeer
Ive never done a Pre trip before....So will give it a little go

Cast

Me - Lyndsey (Mummy) aged 31
Partner - Shaun (Daddy) aged 31 (He is the eldest of us both)
Little Prince - Harrison aged 3 (but will be 4 before we go -Boxing day infact)

Why Disneyland Paris?
Ive been Several times before,Not with Shaun or Harrison. Shaun only the once for a day trip when he was in his teens. Will be Harrison's first < He is Mickey Mouse Mad!
Sadly Shaun's dad passed away Last Dec in a car accident We had all spoke about going to DLP throughout the year.
2 weeks ago Shaun recieved a cheque, A little bit to tie us over and book a holiday, Was Money we didnt expect to get, from a Pension his dad had, was shared between shaun and his Brother.
First thing Shaun wanted to do was take us all to Disneyland Paris, So off we went and booked. He wanted to do something worthy with the money.

Travel/Hotel
Okay....So we are staying at the Cheyenne for 3 nights, 26th March to 29th. We choose this Hotel as i had currently stayed at SL SF and NPB, we wanted it all to be new for all of us. We could of went NYH but was a little out of our budget! Very happy with the Cheyenne though
We are travelling via Eurostar, So we are still undecided if to go to St Pancras the night before or just get a very early train the same morning. Our Eurostar is 9.50am i believe (still waiting for tickets through post). We can get a direct train from our local station takes us straight there within the hour. So might be worth doing that and saving money on a Hotel. (more fore Euros)
Then Its Direct to Disney! Same with the trip home.

Day 1
After arriving planning on walking to Hotel, every other time we have. But we will have Little legs with us so will see how it goes.
Hopefully room is ready drop bags off, If Hungry maybe get some counter service food so we can get some rides in before in closes! Once park closed, stroll back to Hotel. Then baths and early night as if would of been a long day for us all.

Day 2
We have 9.30am reservations for Cafe Mickey, so bit of a lay in till Breakfast, wont take advantage of the EMH's this morning. Then off to main street we go! I want to try get on Buzz first as i think little man will love this! then onto its a small world etc etc...Catch a parade! (still need to find best spots for these and times). Try get a late lunch in Walts if room availble and is hopefully open in March??
Try get in Last rides of the day, then a walk through the Villiage in the shops. Maybe a non Alcohlic cocktails in SL before going to bed! (need to read up on cocktails still)

Day 3
Hopefully early Breakfast in Chuck Wagon, so we can take advantage of EMH!! for rides on Buzz (you can tell im a buzz fan) Will hopefully go to the Studios for first part of the day when EMH's stops! With Stitch Live and Playhouse Disney being our first! aswell as cars ride. Then late lunch either Plazagardens or Restaurant Des Stars Still undecided! Look down shops on Mainstreet!Buy all we want today ready for going home tomorrow! last few rides and Back towards hotel.

Day 4
Last Day in parks, check out and leave Luggage somewhere in Hotel! go down early for EMH's then get all fav rides in from both parks! again get a late lunch. Still undecided where! still reading reviews of them all! (maybe Lucky Nugget) Then last few rides before collectiong luggage ready for the Eurostar home at 6pm i believe. Then catch our last train home hopefully back home before 10pm!

This could all change while out there, but its what we (or i ) would like to do!

its all i have been thinking about since booking it:yay:
If we stick to that i dont know! Would like to! :)

Since doing that, i have found out that Walts will be closed Feb/March time so need to find somewhere else to eat on the Tues night. Would love to try Invention, but heard it is quite pricey and we only have standard HB vouchers...Im not sure how much Euro value wise they are yet, if it saves us abit, will happily pay rest to it! :)

I have planned most things but just not sure what we can afford at the moment we hope to eat at cafe mickey, inventions and auberge de cendrilion

Well 2 weeks 5 days left till our trip!:cool1: We booked in December - Came around quite quick!:)

We have now booked for the Sunday Night (25th March) The Travelodge at Kingscross for the night. Very basic, but it is only for one night! Ive not had an problems with a TL before. We were orignally going to take an early train on the Monday morning! But i was panicking a little that we wouldnt make it in time etc. Feel alot better being a 5min walk from St Pancras the night before.

So we are getting the 3.25pm direct train to London St Pancras on the sunday afternoon! Quickly book in, then go find somewhere quick cheap and cheerful to eat. Grab a drink for the room and settle down for the night ready for the Eurostar in the morning!:cool1:
Check over and over again that i have everything.

We then get a direct train to Disneyland leaving on the 10.17am train! Arriving around 2pm! - We have Disney Express! So im still undecided what to do with still going to the Hotel straight away, or hit the parks! (parks sound the better option of course) But someone pointed out that the later we do check in the less of options we will get on the Breakfast slot times!

So not sure what to do about that one, either risk leaving it Or take a leisurly walk to the Hotel when we get there!:confused3

My DS is currently into 'Cars' so im going to bring a few suprises with us, and leave them all on his bed. DP and DS are going to have a wonder round will i quickly prepar it all! Some Lightning Mc Queen toys and PJ's etc!
(None of these items i havent bought yet:scared1:, but will be getting them very very soon)

:)

Yay, all sounds fab to me! I love the Buzz laserblast ride :goodvibes.

Can't help on the Disney Express as never done Eurostar?? Know what you mean about the breakfasts slots though....

I keep looking at my first ticker willing the days to past but it's taking an age!! :lmao:

Have a fab trip and don't forget to let us know how you got on when you return :)

Yay, all sounds fab to me! I love the Buzz laserblast ride :goodvibes.

Can't help on the Disney Express as never done Eurostar?? Know what you mean about the breakfasts slots though....

I keep looking at my first ticker willing the days to past but it's taking an age!! :lmao:

Have a fab trip and don't forget to let us know how you got on when you return :)

I love Buzz too!! BTM and Buzz are my fav's - But BTM is closed while im there. when i went last in 2009 Buzz was closed. Not to fussed as i wouldnt be riding it much as DS i dont think would be keen.
I think i would of probably went on before park closed when it was getting dark though! oh well!:)

The more i think about it, im just going to head straight to the parks! Never had the express, so may aswell make use of it. Will have to be statisfied with whatever breakfast slots are left. (do keep reading though, that usually if you dont turn up in your "time slot" they will still let you in?! how often they do this im not sure?!

It will soon come around!:goodvibes this trip certainly has.

Thank you! Yes will def have an update after we get back!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter