Our review of SSR and BCV (long)

K9pal

<font color=green>Just call me Miss Patient!
We split our time between SSR (4 nights) and BCV (2 nights) from 10/16-10/22; our home is SSR but we wanted to spend a few nights close to Epcot and the F&W Festival. It was our second stay at SSR and we LOVE this resort! It was just DH and I, plus my parents for the first 2 nights. Here’s my take on the two resorts.

SSR - We arrived on Sunday and checked in right around 2:00 and were happy to find our villa was ready. We had a 2BR lock off for the first 2 nights while my parents were with us, then a continuing ressie in the 1BR part for the next 2 nights. I had requested Congress Park with a DTD view if possible, and we had exactly that - couldn’t have been a better view! Had the same building as last year, the second one from the very end near DTD. We were in the very back of the building, 1601/1603 (non smoking).

Things we liked about SSR:
- Still looked/smelled brand new.
- VERY quiet. Yes you can hear the fireworks, but they are very muffled. A family with 2 small children were directly below us, and we never heard them at all.
- Love the short walk to DTD. Quite romantic and very convenient!
- Bus service was great. Never waited more than 9 minutes.
- Balcony could fit 4 of the plastic chairs plus the little table.
- Quiet pool was great! Not a lot of people; nice lounge chairs and jacuzzi.
- Purple Martin bird houses around the pool were a nice environmental touch (and probably help with mosquito control).

Things we didn’t like or need improvement:
- We found it difficult to maintain a consistent temperature in the villa.
- We went for a long walk all around the property one morning. Although there are lots of well-placed maps posted, none of them told us “You are here”.
- Biggest problem was with our continuing ressie - no one seemed to know how to do it. When we checked in, the CM said just to call the morning that my parents were checking out, and the change could be done over the phone. We called and were told we had to come to the front desk. So we waited in line at the front desk, and the CM told us we didn’t have to come down, that everything was set. So...next morning I hop in the shower while DH goes for a paper and (you guessed it) he’s locked out when he returns. Another trip to the front desk where we’re told yes, we needed new key cards after all. I take some of the blame for not questioning the date on the card, which only showed the first two nights.

BCV - Spent 2 nights here in a studio (259). We checked in around 8:30AM since we were headed out to AK. Room wasn’t ready of course, and we were given our key cards and a number to call to check the status so we wouldn’t have to go back to the front desk. Drawback to this was when the room was ready (which wasn’t until 4:00), we were given the room number but no directions. We had never stayed at BCV before and found the layout a bit confusing especially since we had no idea where our room was.

Things we liked about BCV:
- Close to Epcot
- Better temperature controls than SSR

Things we didn’t like:
- Quite noisy; much more so than SSR . We had a studio on one side and the living room portion of a 1BR on the other, and could hear people in those plus noises out in the hallway. This studio faced the road and that was also quite noisy.
- Buses were very crowded; had to stand every time. One morning there were more people than the bus could hold and some didn’t make it on.
- Sofa bed very uncomfortable.

I'll be glad to answer any questions if I can!
:paw:

DH and I were at SSR and thought the same thing about the maps. We also really enjoyed the quiet pool at CP.

thank you for sharing your views of BCV & SSR. :wave2: We just love the quiet pool @ Congress park also ! the lounge chairs @ SSR pools are sooo comfy :cloud9:,
I know what your talking about reguarding the temperature in the villa also, we kept playing with the thermastat for 10 nights :crazy:

I've heard this about the sofa beds. You would think that Disney would make sure they were more comfortable since you can't get a studio or one bedroom with two beds in the bedroom.

TOMAR@SSR said:
I know what your talking about reguarding the temperature in the villa also, we kept playing with the thermastat for 10 nights :crazy:

In Aug my parents had a 1bedroom that was always either too cold or too hot. At first I thought maybe it was just them.

Anewman said:
In Aug my parents had a 1bedroom that was always either too cold or too hot. At first I thought maybe it was just them.

Ditto. same problem in my studio last week.... are we seeing a trend? And it's NOT just me, I practically live in hotel rooms and face a different thermostat every couple of weeks.

katallo said:
I've heard this about the sofa beds. You would think that Disney would make sure they were more comfortable since you can't get a studio or one bedroom with two beds in the bedroom.

OKW studios have 2 beds and the new sofa beds at OKW and SSR are very comfortable with memory foam mattresses.

Thanks, I enjoyed your report. Sounds like one big advantage to SSR is the quietness!

I agree about the comfort of the sleeper sofas at BCV. I hope they get the newer type pullouts soon.

I thought I was the only one that had a hard time w/the temperature controls at SSR. My 1 gripe. I was either freezing or sweating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter