Our thoughts on best TS - not buffet with characters

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
We are still planning our November WDW vacation - if the COVID-19 calms down and the WDW parks reopen.
So, we looked at You-tube and came up with the best of the best character meals that can do low salt diets and are not a buffet
We will have a park hopper.
What do you think ?
Should we not do any of the below ?
Any to add to our list ?

At the BW - Trattoria al Forno Bon Voyage breakfast
In EPCOT - Garden Grill breakfast or dinner ?
At the WL - Artist Point Dinner
At the POLY - O'Hana breakfast
and maybe
In MK - Cinderella Royal breakfast - before the park opens, if we can secure an ADR
At the Riviera - Topolino's Terrance breakfast

DS suggested for us in MK
Jungle Cruise Skipper Canteen - which room is best ?

Last edited:
Not sure if you think you can’t do buffets or just are not interested so in case want to but are concerned my DM has to be low on salt and we love character buffet breakfasts. They make her eggs and some type of potatoes or fries in the back and she can get fruit and a slice of bread from the buffet. My DH has some food allergies and he has things made as well. We enjoy Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and Cape May. Even though it is not character we love Boma for either breakfast or dinner. We have not been to any on your list so am unable to comment.

We really enjoyed Topolino’s character breakfast, I would recommend that and Bon Voyage breakfast is really a good one as well

As for the Skipper Canteen, I would be willing to wait to sit in either or the two smaller rooms- the S.E.A. room or the Family Parlor. That said, the entire restaurant is well themed and I recommend walking through and taking a look at all of the areas.

We are still planning our November WDW vacation - if the COVID-19 calms down and the WDW parks reopen.
So, we looked at You-tube and came up with the best of the best character meals that can do low salt diets and are not a buffet
We will have a park hopper.
What do you think ?
Should we not do any of the below ?
Any to add to our list ?

At the BW - Trattoria al Forno Bon Voyage breakfast
In EPCOT - Garden Grill breakfast or dinner ?
At the WL - Artist Point Dinner
At the POLY - O'Hana breakfast
and maybe
In MK - Cinderella Royal breakfast - before the park opens, if we can secure an ADR
At the Riviera - Topolino's Terrance breakfast

DS suggested for us in MK
Jungle Cruise Skipper Canteen - which room is best ?

I would pass on O'Hana and Garden Grill. Neither one is a la carte--just a platter of scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, tater tots etc. I am skeptical either one would be low salt since it is not cooked to order. And it frankly isn't very tasty.

As for the Skipper Canteen, I would be willing to wait to sit in either or the two smaller rooms- the S.E.A. room or the Family Parlor. That said, the entire restaurant is well themed and I recommend walking through and taking a look at all of the areas.
Really like the S.E.A. room. Reading the book titles is worth the time.
The main room tends to be noisier, but is still nice.
No matter what room you are seated in, you need to see them all. Just like at BoG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter