Our Very Merry 24 nighter. Thanksgiving and Christmas. PTR

RobynPrincess

Looking around
Gahhhhhh! I just cannot hold it in anymore!! I must start my pre trip before I BURST!

We are now under 30 days! Omg I wish it would hurry up and get here!!!

Who are we?

Well I think that's pretty obvious by now ;)

Here we are looking rather fetching in one of our vow renewal pictures, I dunno about everyone else but I think Sy looks pretty good in bridal Minnie ears

And one from a Halloween party, I love that we can look silly and not care!

Ages at the time of our trip will be 31 and 33, Sy's the old one :laugh:

A bit about us

I'll start with me, Robyn aka Princess - obviously I have *no* idea how I got that nickname... I might be a little fussy and particular about stuff but hey, I know what I like ;) people use the term high maintenance like its a bad thing... Pfft, I see no problem ;) I'm a huge princess fan as you might have guessed. I don't think I could choose a favourite but I grew up watching the Little Mermaid, it was the first film I saw in the cinema and I guess you could say I was hooked from then onwards, but
Rapunzel has a special place in my heart too - my weapon of choice is also a frying pan ;) teehee. You will see lots of food pictures from me, but please don't be too disappointed to see a lot of chicken on my plate, I'm a fussy eater but also ave a special diet due to tummy problems. Boohoo.

Next up, the yin to my yang, the dole to my whip, the Beast to my Beauty... yeah right..... My lovely hubby Sy (or Simon if he's in trouble). I often say he's so laid back he's almost horizontal (he'd have to be with me!), he's happy to go along with anything that I plan (yay!). In time gone by he never even knew what half the things were that I was booking but he's turned into an even bigger Disney geek than me!! Who'd have thought THAT was possible?! Luckily for me I know the stuff he would enjoy and he trusts me to book it all ;) so I still get to feed my inner control freak hehehe. Sy will eat pretty much any food - the total opposite to me that way. His food pictures are far more varied than mine ;) luckily I have him trained well so he knows not to take a bite till I'm done taking pictures.

I feel very lucky to say that this will be my 4th trip to Disney this year visiting 3 different Disney resorts! In March I went for a week to meet up with my lovely friend Jan in WDW. In May we headed to the West Coast and actually managed to be in Disneyland for the 24 hour 60th anniversary, in September I headed off to Disneyland Paris with a girlfriend for Dapper Day and then on November 19th Sy and I head to WDW for a whopping 24 nights! Ahhhh!

Wait, what?! 24 nights?! Yes you did read that right. I know it's a crazy amount right?! Sy has literally spent all of his holiday on our 2 trips. Due to a change in the renewal date of his annual leave he's actually got a few more days this year than usual so we have kinda gone all out... I blame the DVC and annual passes. Once we have the flights it doesn't really cost any more to stay longer, apart from a bit of spending money ;) we actually ended up with an extra day too as the flight was cheaper to leave here on the 19th instead of the 20th. The DVC was already booked from the 20th so we had planned to stay in a value for 1 night but instead we have booked 1 night in a studio in OKW.

On the 20th we then move over to AKL and check into CLUB LEVEL! Omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg! This took a lot of hassle to get due to a lot of people 'walking' their reservations, it's a DVC term for people booking their reservation for before they want it and then shaving a few days off the beginning and adding to the end of their trip to make sure they get the dates they want and no one gets in there first and get the reservation before them. I ended up getting all the dates we wanted but each one was booked separately, I had to call up and get member services to link them all up under the one reservation. We are there 6 nights before checking out and into a value room. I know, it's gonna be harsh. Seems weird to book it this way round nice club level room to a small value room, but there was a method to my madness.... The first week we are there is thanksgiving and the parks are going to be rammed, so we aren't planning on much park time at all. Which is why it made sense to have the club level week when we plan on lots of hotel time. But I realise, it's still gonna be harsh lol. I mean, who's gonna turn down my bed and put the little chocolates on the pillows??? (First world problems hahaha) I guess I could train Sy...

We are there for 13 nights until we check into the VGF for our last 4 nights, yay!

Booking it all was a bit of a pita, cause the 11 month window fell over Christmas so Christmas Day I was logging on and trying to get our accommodation sorted. I then sat for about an hour on Boxing Day on the phone to member services. But it will be worth it! (Boxing Day in the UK is a national holiday the day after Christmas Day where we eat shed loads more food and drink more... It's a bit like Christmas Day all over again lol).

We have DVC annual passes and tickets for MVMCP on the 8th December with Jan who is coming down for a couple of nights :)

As we are there for such a long time, we don't have a huge amount of ADR's booked. One every other day I believe it works out. We plan on eating in some offsite places and having some cheaper counter service meals.

I did manage to book us a candlelight processional package with Neil Patrick Harris :D and I even nabbed one of the new Minnie's holiday dine at Hollywood and Vine for our last evening.

As I mentioned we are there for thanksgiving, well we have been invited to our friends Carrie and Mark's mums house for a tradition thanksgiving dinner. I'm SO excited for this!

We have kept the daily plans fairly fluid. We have some offsite and out of park plans for that first week, visiting blue springs state park, Clearwater and a boat trip to see the wild dolphins and a horse and carriage ride around port Orleans. Meet ups with friends. Plus a few resort days. I've made fast passes but as always there will no doubt some tweaking - we never seem to have a problem changing them at short notice.

Ive now booked the Yuletide fantasy tour! Doing it on one of our last days so we feel proper Christmassy when we come home. We also plan to visit our first DVC merry mixer and get our DVC Christmas tree ornament. But least that one is free hehe.

Booked ADR's

Some of our old favourites...

Coral reef (candlelight processional)
The Wave for dinner
1900 park fare with Jan for brunch
Ohana for dinner
Yak and yeti lunch
Be our guest lunch
Sanaa for lunch
Garden view tea room for afternoon tea
Beaches and cream

Some new ones on the list for this year are;

Hollywood and Vine dinner with Minnie & friends (going with our friend Jackie who will be on a solo trip for a week)
Olivia's cafe (Sy wants some conch fritters!)
California grill
Narcoossees Sunday brunch
Raglan Road
Morimoto Asia
We also plan to visit Big River Grille and Trader Sam's but no ADR's at either of those ;)

To some people that might be way too few ADR's but as there is just the 2 of us we usually find we can get in somewhere at short notice if need be, plus we are trying to cut back a bit by eating offsite. Gotta pay for all the Disney trips somehow haha.

Some offsite eats that we are planning are;

Sweet tomatoes (I'm so hooked on that salad bar!)
Outback
Texas Roadhouse
Benihanna or Kobe
Longhorn
Chili's (cheap and cheerful)
Hash house a go go
Texas de Brazil
Keke's breakfast
My French cafe for cake!
I've been hearing a lot about Dicks too so i think I might check out the menu there as well...

There were a few ADR's that involved a *lot* of Internet stalking... like obsessively, at least once every hour, sort of stalking..... only my Disney friends would understand the levels of stalking involved and not judge me... those ADR's would be Minnie's holiday dine and the candlelight processional package. But the stalking paid off and I was 1 of the first few who managed to book both of them. I actually booked my friends Minnie meal as she was busy working so couldn't hit refresh on repeat for 2 hours solid ;) hehehe. I fear now I might have to start it all over again for the skipper's cantina that's due to open towards the end of the year...

As I mentioned before, the Fastpasses are all done and dusted now too so we now have a rather full looking plan. For those who want to see how we plan on filling our 24 night trip, here it is....

19th flight, pick up car hire. Check into old key west for 1 night. Dinner from food court? Maybe a Wendy's in the room? (Epcot is open for emh)

20th check out of okw early and into AKL club level, get breakfast there, MK till afternoon. Wave 6:45pm TOTWL with Lauren & hubby and Claire and family :)
Fastpasses; splash 11:45-12:45, jungle cruise 1:15-2:15, pirates 2:20-3:20

21st breakfast in CL, book DVC for next year. Blizzard beach if warm enough, open suntrust account for DVC annual dues. California grille dinner 7:40pm
Fastpasses; spaceship earth 10:40-11:40, meet Disney pals 12-1, soarin 1:15-2:15

22nd breakfast in CL, Epcot morning. Lunch in beaches and cream at 2.10pm. Afternoon Hollywood studios. Evening Disney springs
Fastpasses; tot 2:35-3:25, frozen singalong 4:35-4.50, toy story 5:55-6:55

23rd breakfast in CL, MK or Clearwater & little toot. Dinner in Clearwater, dessert in CL.
Made fast passes in case weather isnt good
Fastpasses; barnstormer 5:10-6:10, dwarves 7:40-8:40, wishes 8:40-8:55

24th breakfast in CL, resort day, Sanaa 1pm. horse and carriage POR 6pm
Fastpasses in case we decide to go to a park.
Fastpasses; lion king 9:30-9:50, Kali 11:10-12:10, dinosaur 1-2

25th breakfast in CL, Clearwater and little toot or Epcot. Boardwalk evening.
Fastpasses; turtle talk 5:25-6:25, Nemo 6:25-7:25, test track 8-9

26th thanksgiving. Breakfast in CL. Pack up things and move to a value room. Dinner at Carrie's mums. Shopping evening?

27th Black Friday, blue springs state park. Meet up with Abby in evening at Disney springs
Fastpasses in case plans change
Fastpasses; buzz 12:35-1:35, monsters inc 1:35-2:35, dwarves 3:05-4:05

28th AK daytime.
Fastpasses; bugs life 10:20-11:20, meet Disney pals 11:20-12:20, Everest 12:55-1:55

29th MK daytime (crowds get lighter). Possible basketball for Sy
Fastpasses; Peter Pan 11:15-12:15, enchanted tales 12:30-1:30, dumbo 1:55-2:55

30th shopping day. Disney springs evening. Morimoto Asia 7:30pm
Fastpasses in case we change our plans
Fastpasses; star tours 11:10-12:10, lights motors 12:30-12:50, beauty & the beast 2:40-2:50

1st HS morning, Boardwalk big river grille lunch. merry mixer EPCOT
Fastpasses; toy story 10:05-11:05, little mermaid 11:45-12, muppets 2:20-3:20

2nd Epcot, coral reef 3.30pm candlelight processional nph
Fastpasses; figment 11:45-12:45, Disney pals 1-2, test track 2:20-3:20

3rd epcot. Dinner Kobe.
Fastpasses; Disney pals 11:30-12:30, figment 1.25-2:25, soarin 3-4

4th MK morning & afternoon be our guest lunch 12:30pm
Fastpasses; Dwarves 12:55-1:55, haunted mansion 2:25-3:25, tales with belle 3:50-4:50

5th AK daytime. Yak & yeti 5:30pm. Mk open till midnight
Fastpasses; dinosaur 11:35-12:35, Everest 1:15-12:15, Kali 2:35-3:35

6th narcoossees brunch 11am. Resort chill time or mk. downtown disney evening, raglan road 7:30pm
Fastpasses; meet Ariel 12-1pm, little mermaid 1-2, dwarves 2:20-3:20

7th HS morning, garden view tea room 2.35pm HS evening for osbourne lights
Fastpasses; muppets 3:15-4:15, toy story 4:45-5:45, tot 6:30-7:30

8th Olivia's 2.30, MK afternoon & evening MVMCP.
Fastpasses; meet Mickey 3:30-4:30, meet Anna & elsa 4:30-5:30, meet Cinderella & rapunzel 5:30-6:30

9th pack up things and move to Grand Floridian, brunch at 1900 park fare at 11am with Jan. MK afternoon/evening.
Fastpasses; meet Mickey 6:30-7:30, meet tink 7:30-8:30, wishes 9:35-9:55

10th AK. Ohana with Emma & Carrie. trader sams evening possibly.
Fastpasses; Kali 10:30-11:30, lion king 1:30-1:50, dinosaur 3:40-4:40

11th Disneys Yuletide fantasy tour. Check in at Epcot 8:45am at the outside guest services (right of turnstiles)
Fastpasses; spaceship earth 2:20-3:20, Disney pals 3:40-4:40, soarin 4:55-5:55

12th HS afternoon/evening. Minnie's holiday dine 6pm.
Fastpasses; tot 12:05-13:05, toy story 3:05-4:05, frozen singalong 4:35-4:50.

13th breakfast in room, pack bags & check out. My for a couple of hours if time. outback in MCO, fly home
Fastpasses; philharmagic 9-10, monsters inc 10:35-11:35, meet tink 12:10-1:10

14th arrive home

Wow that's a lot of plans lol

I'm actually stressing somewhat over the packing, having never been this late before I'm not really sure what I should be packing. I think I'm gonna go for layers with some summer stuff and some warmer stuff. I have to admit I'm really not looking forward to it being cold, we were there last October into November and for the last few days a really harsh chill hit Orlando and we froze. I do not like the cold. No in fact I flipping hate the cold! Sy is fine, he's survives in shorts almost all year round (he's still wearing shorts and said he's going to continue until our trip!) whereas I'm itching to get the winter clothes out and start packing away the summer stuff for next year (apart from the bits I'm taking to WDW of course)

I've got a mountain of stuff ready to take over with us - things friends have asked us to pick up, chocolates, Christmas decorations :O presents for club level CM's (as they are not allowed to accept tips). I guess once we leave all that stuff there we will be able to bring lots back from the Black Friday sales haha. I fear our cases might be quite heavy both outwards and back home again hehe.

Kitty is all booked into the cattery now :'( boohoo. So will have to drop her there the day before we go :( not looking forward to leaving her at all :( luckily she will be staying right around the corner to my mums house so she said she will go in to see and play with her. Love you mum!

Still a few more things to do before we go - altering a few clothes and finish making a few :-/ make a few things for friends over there and still a bit of shopping to do. Then of course will have to clean the house to within an inch of its life and pack.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great trip! Will be following along, just taking a look at some of your other trip reports now :)

Ooh just thought of something else to add!

We have started a Facebook, Twitter and periscope under the name of watsonsdodisney and we will scope daily from WDW and upload pics to the Twitter and fb if you're interested in following along :)

So jealous of your 24 nights. Looking forward to seeing you on the 20th. Might see you on the 23rd as well if you head to MK as we'll be there before heading to the airport.

So jealous of your 24 nights. Looking forward to seeing you on the 20th. Might see you on the 23rd as well if you head to MK as we'll be there before heading to the airport.

Awwwwwwwww sad day on the 23rd! I hate going home day :(

24 nights! Wow! Can't imagine that long (my poor hubby doesn't get many days holiday, so booking a 14 night trip is just a huge thing for us! I'm not looking forward to being away from my baby birds for so long though!)

Sounds like you have an amazing trip planned! Less than two weeks now! Hope the final days planning are going well!

We are! It's amazing :) haven't been hitting the parks much cause of the crowds at the minute so been off doing other things like Clearwater today :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter