Oz The Great And Powerful

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I found some dolls that were from a Disney movie called Oz The Great And Powerful and I never knew about this movie except from the dolls I had of the movie. It starred James Franco Mila Kunis and Zach Braff voiced a character named Finley and was supposedly about The Wizard Of Oz. But my dad and I saw Oz The Great And Powerful and thought it was alright. Was this movie a big failure in theaters? Because Oz The Great And Powerful seems to be one of Disney's least talked about films and I thought it would've had a sequel to it but to me this movie was very weird

The movie was indeed a pretty big flop, though it's actually not bad. Nothing special, but it had a very nice visual style.

Last edited:
I wonder why Oz The Great And Powerful was even made a movie? Because when you look at it The Wizard Of Oz is a wonderful book and movie but why they keep making movies out of it is so weird? The first time I even knew about this movie was when Dad and I saw the dolls at Kohl's and I got one of them which was the Theodora doll and I liked the dolls a lot but I think why Oz The Great And Powerful failed was simply because it lacked the charm that made The Wizard Of Oz a classic movie and book. I think the movie's saving grace was Mariah Carey because they had her perform the end title song of Oz The Great And Powerful and Disney gave Mariah big money to perform the song. But when you see versions of The Wizard Of Oz such as The Wiz from 1978 you know that The Wizard Of Oz is an easy book to make movies out of but this movie could've done better in my eyes

I enjoyed it, watched a couple of times during various lockdowns on Disney+. I'd often wondered how Oz got to the Emerald City.

Did Disney make little merchandise for Oz The Great And Powerful at all besides the dolls made by Jakks? Because I know that Disney Stores sold plushies of Finley when the movie was in theaters. I think had it gotten promoted a little more Oz The Great And Powerful would've been a successful movie in theaters

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter