(P)TR: Disneyland Paris - First Vacation with the Girlfriend

RonaldDuck

'Uncle' Ronald
Hello everyone!

I've been lurking around, getting in the mood for my trip to Disneyland Paris at the end of May. I've been to WDW many times before, on the Cruise Line twice, and to Paris twice as well - though Paris is a long time ago, when I was still young. ;)

The last weekend of May, I'm taking my third trip to DLRP, but this time is extra-special because I'm going with my girlfriend. :love: It won't be her first time at DLRP, but it will be her first time a) on vacation with me, and b) at DLRP for more than a day-trip.

We'll be staying at Hotel Cheyenne, along the Rio Grande, from Friday (our arrival day, in the afternoon) to Monday (the train leaves at the end of the afternoon).

We've got our eye on a few restaurants that we'd like to eat at (we have the Half-Board Plus vouchers), namely Blue Lagoon, Walt's, and Auberge du Cendrillion (yes, it will cost extra, but it should be worth it).

I think I'll be running the trip-report within this thread, but I figured I should get a head start while I'm still thinking clearly! :laughing:

So, without further ado:

The Cast:
Ron (me): I'm a Disney fan, for sure. I grew up with the Classics (Dumbo was one of the first movies I ever watched, closely followed by Snow White), and am thankful to this day that we went to WDW when I was a kid... It let me dream a little, and was a great source of vacation-inspiration... Which is to say that my older sister and I (and later our little sister) would frequently suggest it as our destination! As you may have guessed, that worked out very well. Now, I'm spreading the love to my love.
Sarah (the girlfriend): Enjoys Disney, enjoys theme-parks, but is not quite the level of fan that I am... Maybe this vacation will change that? Haha!

So, thank you all for the welcome, your patience and useful advice, and stay tuned for the eventual trip report! (And in the meanwhile, my likely ramblings about how excited we are to be going!)

-Ron

hello and welcome. sounds like a great plan so far. i like your choice of restaurants

Hi Ron ~ Reid, Jackie, Elaine and I welcome you to the DLP DISboard. :welcome:

We're a friendly lot on here, so please join in on any thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each.

If you haven't had a look yet, the DLP DISboard posting rules are here and the DIS posting guidelines can be found here.

It's lovely to read all about you and your upcoming holiday. As you said you're going to write about your trip in this thread I'll just move it over to our designated Trip Report sub-board. :goodvibes

Thank for the "move", Elaine!

And thank you all for the kind welcome. :) I knew it was the right time to stop lurking and start posting. :laughing:

Less than a week to go... I received the packet with the tickets and vouchers and all that good stuff the other day. It's starting to feel mighty real! :woohoo:

Welcome, I hope you & your girlfriend have a fab trip:goodvibes

Well, tomorrow's the big day. So, on the menu for today: writing luggage tags, packing, charging camera-batteries... I think that's about it, actually. Yay!

:jumping1:

Well, tomorrow's the big day. So, on the menu for today: writing luggage tags, packing, charging camera-batteries... I think that's about it, actually. Yay!

:jumping1:

We are a day behind you, our luggage labels are done and our clothes sorted for the case,:cool1:

How exciting! :goodvibes
Don't forget comfortable shoes! Nothing worse than walking around parks in shoes that hurt.

Have a lovely time.

Everything is packed; I am wearing comfy shoes; now it's just waiting to walk to the bus to the station, to catch a train to another train to a final train... :rotfl2: Don't you just love traveling? :)

Have a wonderful time, we're nearly sorted aswell for tomorrow, (this time tomorrow we'll be at the airport:cool1:)

Packed for all eventualities, comfy shoes, shorts, waterproof & sunscreen:laughing:

We're back at home. :(

We returned very late on Monday, sad that the trip had passed so quickly. The weather was mostly good, and the parks were looking wonderful. We had some changes in our meal-planning, but still visited the three restaurants we intended to beforehand. We ran into some trouble on the first night, as we had gotten so excited about doing things in the park that we forgot to make a timely reservation, and ran into closed and closing restaurants at the end of the day. So, we had dinner at Yacht Club (NPB), which was wonderful. On the second day we had lunch at Walt's, and dinner at Auberge du Cendrillion; what an experience! The third night we had dinner at Blue Lagoon, which was a real treat!

We also 'suffered' through the long lines at Crush's Coaster, as so many people do, but it was worth it. What an excellent ride!

In the next few posts I'll share a (very) small sample of pictures. I should add that I've transloaded the pictures from facebook, so the quality isn't quite where it should be (and is in reality)...

The two of us at the very beginning of the trip:
30174509511020938226700.jpg

Tinkerbell, at the top of the castle:
30174509511130718226700.jpg

Indiana Jones:
30174509511160658226700.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain:
30174509511175628226700.jpg

Phantom Manor:
30174509511170638226700.jpg

Oh that song is going to get stuck in my head...
30174509511499978226700.jpg

The castle at night:
30174509511609758226700.jpg

Interesting contrast:
30174509511779418226700.jpg

Crush's Coaster:
30174509511809358226700.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter