• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Package or DIY to DLRP????

paulanddebbie

Earning My Ears
We have been to DisneyLand Paris a few times now via package deals we booked through local travel agents but wondered if it would be cheaper to book it ourselves.
Obviously we would need to book our own flights and arrange them around check-in/check-out times. When we have travelled before we have flown with BMI Baby.
Could anyone give us some advice on DIY DLRP.
Any advice on things such as:
How and where to book the hotel (through Disney themselves?)
Does the hotel include hopper tickets for the duration of your stay?
We have used BMI Baby previously, does anyone recommend them or any other budget airline? And if so, whens the best time to book with them and what is the best way to book? Online?

All of this comes down to how cheaper it will be to DIY instead of the travel agents package.

Thank you for your time

Paul

PS. We are planning our next visit in November 2005

Can't help with the transport aspect but we always book direct with Disney (08705 030303) for hotels and tickets. The only problem we've found is that you often get quoted different amounts!! We always ring about 3 times and go for the cheapest - sometimes it can be a difference of a couple of hundred quid depending on how updated the training of the person you're speaking to is!!! Recently it seems to have been better and we've tended to get the same quotation so hopefully they're being better trained but it's worth ringing at least twice to check you get the same amount quoted. If not, keep ringing until you get the lowest amount!! A pain, but worth it financially!!

Yes, tickets are included even when you just book the hotel and no transport.

We fly with Easyjet from Liverpool which works out great for us, Which is the most convenient airport for you? You could go to the various budget airline websites and register to receive updates and news - usually the sooner you book the better the price. We've managed £40 return to CDG, so if you can get something like that, it's certainly worth going down the DIY route.

As for flight times, don't forget that the hotels will store your luggage until your room is ready, and after you check out, so you can go and enjoy the parks

we've done it both ways, once I used the DIY price to go to Thomas Cook with and they matched the price and threw in transfers and buffalo bill tickets!

We've always flown BA or air france from manchester, but for our next trip we are flying with Easyjet from Liverpool - prices weren't tiny (£332 for 2 adults, 2 children) but less than we'd paid before and better flight times. We booked the hotel direct through the disney website (maybe I should have rung up to get a better deal?)

I went to the travel agents again with my figures but they couldn't get anywhere near it that time. Their closest price was over £400 more!

In my opinion, price up - see if the travel agent will match or beat it - and then take the best deal!

Eldest Ds went to DLP earlier this month with his GF for their 18th birthday.

I did all the booking &got a cheaper price from Dunstan Brearley, they advertise on teletext and are based in Barnsley. Their prices were cheaper than Disneys. But they travelled by eurostar because DS couldn't fly. getting them down to Waterloo was a pain. DB do do packages with flights.

We flew to Paris (DH & I) last March & flew with BMI baby & I would recommend them. We flew from East Midlands which was easier to get to than Liverpool, for us.

We booked very early in their sale so look out for adds in the paper. you can have e-mails sent which will tell you when they have cheap seats available.

forgot to say if you do decide to book with disney consider becomming a shareholder before you book. For a discount. See my earlier post

We're in Barnsley too and use BA from Manchester when we go to DLP. We book via the website and usually get flights at around £16 pp each way plus taxes. You might have to travel out early and return late but we don't find this a problem as you can store your luggage at the hotel.

Funnily enough, we're in Barnsley too!! We usually book through Dunstan Brearley so maybe they are quite cheap afterall!
Thanks for the advice anyway.

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter