Packet pickup question

roselark

DIS Veteran
I am a veteran of WDW and RunDisney races, but so much has changed regarding transportation options that I thought I would ask for ideas. I am running the 5K, 10K, and half at the Wine and Dine. I don't care about merchandise, so I am trying to figure out the best time for packet pickup. In the past, I have gone first thing, but the lines are always so long and I would like to minimize my time at the Expo.

I am thinking I will head to EPCOT on Thursday 11/1 for morning EMH and then late afternoon/early evening walk over to Beach Club, catch the bus to the Expo, and then head back to my resort (AKV) for an early bedtime.

Think this will work ok? Does anyone have any better suggestions?
Thanks!

I would rather get it done with. You have at least two bibs to pick up (don't know if you booked the challenge or the 10 and half separately) and at least two shirt packs. If the expo is like Princess the shirts are alllll the way in the back of the main expo hall, and the bibs will be in a different building that you have to go to first.

I just looked at the 2017 event guide, and it looks like they had two buildings in use. One building for bibs, merchandise pickup, and rundisney merchandise. The other for the normal merchandise with the shirts all the way in back. Not sure how the line will work for bib/runD building, but I still would rather spend time in a longer line than run the risk of life happening and missing the expo that day.

Looking at my pictures from 2017 WnD I went to the Expo on Thursday and arrived at 3PM. I walked straight to the bib pickup, no wait. Then to the shirt pickup, no wait. Then went quickly through the Expo. Hope this helps.

Edit: Yes, the two pickups were in different buildings so a non negligeable walk is required.

I've had great luck with getting there just before it opens, or around 3-4 pm. Anything in between can be a madhouse. I have the opposite problem this year. Flight doesn't arrive until late morning on Saturday. Need to rush over there before it closes at 3:30 on Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!