Packing list?

Drea2500

Earning My Ears
I always see packing lists online for Disney World. But I was wondering what really to pack for like a bag to take to the parks. And maybe even to take on the plane with us. I've never travelled with kids to Disney world so I'm kind of overwhelmed at some of these lists I see online.

When I go, my son will be 2.5 years old and my daughter will be 9-11 months old and I know I will need to bring a backpack with supplies in it. What should I pack? Also what backpack would you guys recommend that is sturdy and can hold up in the parks? And what kind of snacks should I pack for the parks?

And for the plane, I know that food tends to be a no no as far as bringing it on the plane but I know that some friends took some food on the plane for their toddlers to munch on. So what can I bring on the plane for my little guy and gal to eat. My girl will probably still be on formula by that time. So do I have to bring the can or can I just make a few bottles up ahead of time? We are flying from Oklahoma and with Southwest, I plan on taking the shortest flight available and usually from our area, we have a connecting flight so each flight wouldn't last more than a couple of hours each. I plan on trying to utilize one of the grocery delivery services so I can get supplies down there.

Any other tips or things I absolutely need to pack (either for the airport or park bag)?

Take all of my advice with a grain of salt, as I tend to overpack and worry
For your airplane bag, I would bring at least one change of clothes for yourself and the toddler and 2 changes for the baby. Bring 2x's the diapers/pullups you think you will need. Bring a few Ziploc bags just in case you need to use those extra changes of clothes. Bring empty water bottles/sippy cups and fill once you are through security. You can bring any non-liquid snacks onto the plane--sandwiches, crackers, chips--we did a special shopping trip with the kids were they got to pick out special airplane snacks that we normally wouldn't buy. The TSA site will tell you how much baby food you can bring. We had our boys eat fruit snacks at take off so their ears wouldn't hurt due to the pressure. If you are using Magical Express luggage delivery I would pack swim stuff (and a solid stick of sunscreen) if you are arriving in the afternoon; if you arrive after 4 or 5 I would pack any bedtime stuff you need just in case. If you have a tablet, today is not the day to worry about screen time.

For the parks, I would bring familiar snacks-goldfish, cheerios, pretzels-we filled small Tupperware containers from the larger bags we had delivered to minimize crushing. We also had emergency snacks like lollipops or fruit snacks that managed to hold off a hangry tantrum from my youngest on more than one occasion. Pretty much it was our normal diaper bag plus ponchos. We left our backpack with the stroller, but I carried a cross body bag into line with my wallet, phone, sunscreen, lollipops and fruit snacks. I would reapply sunscreen on the kids while we waited in line.

Take all of my advice with a grain of salt, as I tend to overpack and worry
For your airplane bag, I would bring at least one change of clothes for yourself and the toddler and 2 changes for the baby. Bring 2x's the diapers/pullups you think you will need. Bring a few Ziploc bags just in case you need to use those extra changes of clothes. Bring empty water bottles/sippy cups and fill once you are through security. You can bring any non-liquid snacks onto the plane--sandwiches, crackers, chips--we did a special shopping trip with the kids were they got to pick out special airplane snacks that we normally wouldn't buy. The TSA site will tell you how much baby food you can bring. We had our boys eat fruit snacks at take off so their ears wouldn't hurt due to the pressure. If you are using Magical Express luggage delivery I would pack swim stuff (and a solid stick of sunscreen) if you are arriving in the afternoon; if you arrive after 4 or 5 I would pack any bedtime stuff you need just in case. If you have a tablet, today is not the day to worry about screen time.

For the parks, I would bring familiar snacks-goldfish, cheerios, pretzels-we filled small Tupperware containers from the larger bags we had delivered to minimize crushing. We also had emergency snacks like lollipops or fruit snacks that managed to hold off a hangry tantrum from my youngest on more than one occasion. Pretty much it was our normal diaper bag plus ponchos. We left our backpack with the stroller, but I carried a cross body bag into line with my wallet, phone, sunscreen, lollipops and fruit snacks. I would reapply sunscreen on the kids while we waited in line.

Thanks for your reply! I am an overpacker as well. Our trip is still a little ways away so we haven't decided yet if we are using Magical Express yet or not. But I will definitely pack a little extra if we use their luggage service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter