Packing w/Space Bags ?

SalandJeff

Disney Addict x 3
Can't use search right now.

I have a question on packing with those space bags that are supposed to shrink everything down to nothing!!!

I remember reading on boards that people suggested getting the plastic ones that you just roll up rather than the ones you use with a vacuum because they are cheaper. Also, you don't have to worry about having a vacuum when you repack to come home.

My question is this - do these bags really save you any space over just rolling up your clothes without the bags?

I am notorious "overpacker" and will be going in Dec when whether may dictate all kinds of clothes. Any help is appreciated.

They save space when you have bulky items like sweaters. They compress them pretty well. The only problem with them is that they are not flexable when compressed so you need to pack around them.

I used a extra large ziplock bag to put my socks and underware in,and squeesed out the air. I was amazed how much room I gained in my suit case!!!

I have also used the extra large Ziploc bags when packing, and now I'll never go without. They work well and save lots of space. Much cheaper than Space Bags. I never realized how much space my socks and underwear could take up until I used the Ziploc bag method. Another bonus: They help me stay organized when away from home.

They're great for packing bathing suits that may or may not be wet before travel!

My husband has used the Space Bags when traveling for work to the Ukraine and he didn't want to carry tons of luggage. I do agree with the previous post, once their compressed they are not flexible. I love the ex-large ziploc bag idea too.

Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter