Paradise Cove Luau Is it worth it ??

Mazz519

DIS Veteran
We will be in Aulani the first week of July, Looking for a Luau to go to and Came across the Paradise Cove Luau… I love that we can actually walk there but was wondering if anybody here has gone to this and is it a gd Luau and worth the money ?? Thanks in advance

I do not have first hand info for you yet - we will be there 2nd week in April. Based on the research I did, reading reviews, and its proximity to Aulani, I booked it for the four of us. I can let you know more when I return!

We really enjoyed it and felt that the price was reasonable. It was really nice to be able to walk to it. We are returning this summer with family and have booked to do it again with them.

I do not have any experience with others to compare to.

We were there two years ago and from our experience, I'd NEVER go there again.

I purchased the Royal Box for my DW and I because we were celebrating a special wedding anniversary and while we enjoyed the stuff before the meal, we thought the food was extremely poorly made.

The chicken was so over done you could not eat it. The pork was just pork. Very poor taste.

The show was OK but I didn't think it was any better than the free show at Aulani.

Good luck with your decision. :sad2:

I do not have first hand info for you yet - we will be there 2nd week in April. Based on the research I did, reading reviews, and its proximity to Aulani, I booked it for the four of us. I can let you know more when I return!

Thanks for the answers......what intrigued me the most is the location to Aulani..We will see, I have been to luaus before on other islands and pretty much the food is all the same.

I've been to Paradise Cove twice; once when we lived on Oahu (and our friends had extra tickets that the couldn't use so gave them to us) and once with my friend and mother when we went in 2004. That was one time too many!

The first time, it was fun, since we had just moved there. LONG drive home, since we lived in Kailua. We were exhausted going home!

Second time, fun for the activities a little. Then the show, well to me it just goes on and on. I live on the East Coast now, so with the time change, I was just falling asleep. It is a LONG evening! Food - don't go for the food. It's basic luau grub. Drinks - I stuck with beer. They use the cheapest alcohol known to modern man. I mean stuff I had never heard of cheap.

As far as luaus on Oahu, it's probably the best. Nicest show, and lots of fun stuff to do beforehand. If you really want to go to a luau show and you're on Oahu, and have never ever done one, then I'd say go. If you have done one before, I would skip it and instead go see some good local Hawaiian music. The Crown just opened up in Waikiki and there are other venues for good Hawaiian music.

I've been to Paradise Cove twice; once when we lived on Oahu (and our friends had extra tickets that the couldn't use so gave them to us) and once with my friend and mother when we went in 2004. That was one time too many!

The first time, it was fun, since we had just moved there. LONG drive home, since we lived in Kailua. We were exhausted going home!

Second time, fun for the activities a little. Then the show, well to me it just goes on and on. I live on the East Coast now, so with the time change, I was just falling asleep. It is a LONG evening! Food - don't go for the food. It's basic luau grub. Drinks - I stuck with beer. They use the cheapest alcohol known to modern man. I mean stuff I had never heard of cheap.

As far as luaus on Oahu, it's probably the best. Nicest show, and lots of fun stuff to do beforehand. If you really want to go to a luau show and you're on Oahu, and have never ever done one, then I'd say go. If you have done one before, I would skip it and instead go see some good local Hawaiian music. The Crown just opened up in Waikiki and there are other venues for good Hawaiian music.

Thanks for the info….I figured one Luau is just like another

There is another luau within walking distance at the Marriott beach club. It's called the fia fia and it's the same folks from the chiefs luau at sea life park. I heard good reviews for both,

There is another luau within walking distance at the Marriott beach club. It's called the fia fia and it's the same folks from the chiefs luau at sea life park. I heard good reviews for both,

Unfortunately, this was just suddenly discontinued. They failed to reach an agreement on the contract. I will miss seeing the chief!

We are doing the deluxe luau at Paradise Cove. Wanted it to be special for my mom as we are celebrating her 65th birthday. We are going in April. I can always let you know when I get back. I am not going for the food, but for the full experience, the activities before hand, the ocean right there, and the show. Any time you do a dinner show whether it be Luau or some other show, the food is always questionable, but at least edible.

I am looking forward to it and I know mom is too. We have 3 luau's planned for our Hawaiian adventure, PCC, Paradise Cove and Old Lahaina Luau in Maui. I will be happy to let you know our experience when we get back. I might even be posting while we are there as I know I will be spending some time looking for work as I got laid off (last day Mar 31)

We did Paradise Cove last October and thought it was very nice. The Pork was wonderful (my husband asked for more and they brought a huge amount for him!), drinks were okay, activities before were very fun and enjoyable. It was nice to walk to it from Aulani. I've been to Old Lahaina on Maui and it's not as nice as there.

Try to arrive before all the buses from Honolulu. You will have more time to see and do!

We are doing the deluxe luau at Paradise Cove. Wanted it to be special for my mom as we are celebrating her 65th birthday. We are going in April. I can always let you know when I get back. I am not going for the food, but for the full experience, the activities before hand, the ocean right there, and the show. Any time you do a dinner show whether it be Luau or some other show, the food is always questionable, but at least edible.

I am looking forward to it and I know mom is too. We have 3 luau's planned for our Hawaiian adventure, PCC, Paradise Cove and Old Lahaina Luau in Maui. I will be happy to let you know our experience when we get back. I might even be posting while we are there as I know I will be spending some time looking for work as I got laid off (last day Mar 31)

Thanks for the info…hope you have a great time…keep us posted

We did the luau when we were on our honeymoon in November and loved it! It was a nice walk from Aulani, and we really enjoyed the activities beforehand - my husband like the spear throwing, and I loved learning to weave the bracelets and headpieces. We enjoyed the show, and the food was ok.

Off topic, one of our favorite activities at Aulani was the lei making classes, they offer them a couple times a week, and they're free. They also offer a lot of other activities as well.

We did this the day after Christmas (2012). Absent the food/drinks - it was fun. The pre-activities were entertaining and the show itself was decent. We thought the food was awful. It was just bad buffet food. We purchase the Royal Box seating so didn't have to go through the buffet, but it was the same food. We won't do it again because the food (to us) is a critical part. If we just want a show we'd stay at and do the Starlight Hui at Aulani.

We will be in Aulani the first week of July, Looking for a Luau to go to and Came across the Paradise Cove Luau… I love that we can actually walk there but was wondering if anybody here has gone to this and is it a gd Luau and worth the money ?? Thanks in advance

we will be there the same week as you and I'm also thinking of doing this. Subscribing. thanks for posting. :goodvibes

We were at this Luau 2 weeks ago. As other posters mentioned the pre-meal activities and shopping (think souvies) were nice. Aside from the pork(very good) the meal was borderline yuck! and we had the plated dinner not the buffet. We thought the show was ok. We thought the fire dancer at the Poly Luau was by far better than the dancer we had. If you go don't waste money on upgrades. HTH:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter